Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Huge advantage for p3p over p3a

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Chasbro, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Chasbro

Just discovered today that my new p3p will play 4k videos right off the sd card on my Samsung un65ju6700 tv. I feel like I have finally arrived at the promised land. With my p3a, I couldn't find any solution to watch 2.7 video without converting them first in a computer, which works, but costs a joy draining 30 minutes to accomplish. After searching and learnIng way more than I wanted to know about codecs, I saw a message from alirz that said he could play 4k from his p3p but not 2.7k. So I tried it and it works. Be advised, use the 3.0 usb port on your tv and use a 3.0 usb extension cable. I also recommend the lexar 32 gb 633x sd card from Amazon. $12 including a 3.0 card/usb reader.

Ted4797 likes this.
  2. RedHotPoker

That must be awesome. Congrats to you both... Acquiring a nice 4-5K monitor will be a future purchase... One I look forward to. My computer plays the 4K video just fine, but I know that my monitor is far below that resolution, and it looks incredible now. So I can just imagine how much better it will appear, tomorrowwww... ;-)

RedHotPoker

phantomi likes this.
  3. alokbhargava

You are right, I play 4K regularly on my TV directly thru USB port or streaming thru your Mac / PC

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

4. RedHotPoker

It might be a while still, before 4K tvs/monitors prices, even for smaller wall hangars, begin to decrease. When that happens, most likely one day after Christmas, I will be on sharp lookout!! ;-)

Will DJI drones eventually move up, to an even higher resolution?

RedHotPoker