Hubsan X6 knock off

Reaction score
I purchased the "Top selling Hubsan X6" from Amazon for about $45. Later, I purchased the Hubsan X4 for $80+. It arrived today and I compared it to the X6. They look identical.

Looking at the boxes, the X6 does not have Hubsan name anywhere on it! So, I did a Google search followed by looking at Hubsan's site. They do not make a Hubsan X6!

I wasn't really surprised as some China factories make name brand products by day and knock-offs of that product by night. The housing, motors, rotors, LEDs, charger, etc. are identical. A YouTube video states that the PCB is different and the camera has a haze to it.

This surprises me as why wouldn't they be totally the same. Anyway, I wanted any Hubsan fans, on this forum, to know about this. Next, I'm going to contact Amazon.

Edit: I did. I'm certain that Amazon will correct this.

Hubsan clones are prolific, i had one bought for me at xmas last year, its a hubsan without a doubt as all the spares fit it but the controller doesnt have the led screen that comes with the original hubsan and the TX unit has buttons on the top left and right, one makes it flip in the air and the other changes the speed of flight.

Its still fun to fly though.

So there were some more posts about various nano quads until the forum crashed,

anyway i got the Cheerson CX-10 today and im lovin it, its nippy agile, shame my living room isnt big enough to actually fly it, oh well i might take it out when the wind drops, just waiting on some batteries for the Hubsan clone and im going to have lots of fun in the meantime here's a pic of my collection

Attachments

• 3 birds1.jpg
    3 birds1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 525
PhantomFanatic said:
I purchased the "Top selling Hubsan X6" from Amazon for about $45. Later, I purchased the Hubsan X4 for $80+. It arrived today and I compared it to the X6. They look identical.

Looking at the boxes, the X6 does not have Hubsan name anywhere on it! So, I did a Google search followed by looking at Hubsan's site. They do not make a Hubsan X6!

I wasn't really surprised as some China factories make name brand products by day and knock-offs of that product by night. The housing, motors, rotors, LEDs, charger, etc. are identical. A YouTube video states that the PCB is different and the camera has a haze to it.

This surprises me as why wouldn't they be totally the same. Anyway, I wanted any Hubsan fans, on this forum, to know about this. Next, I'm going to contact Amazon.

Edit: I did. I'm certain that Amazon will correct this.

I bought a "Top Selling X6" too, thinking that it was the new Hubsan micro, replacing the X4. Nope. It's a clone and the remote doesn't work on the Hubsans and the Hubsan remote doesn't work on the X6. Mine is the non-camera version and only cost me $29.00.

That being said... It flies very smoothly and it's zippy as all hell. I had a ball flying it yesterday in a mild wind with two feet of snow on the ground. I own a bunch of Hubsans and this one looks very much like a Hubsan at first glance, but there are a lot of differences if you look a bit more closely. Still... pretty good bang for the buck... :D

-slinger

Yep, it was your fault that I bought the X4 and the X6! I guess these companies have to make something different in order to avoid being a real duplicate and avoiding patent laws. The Amazon merchant should not have said Hobbico when it is not a Hobbico drone.

I have notified Amazon about this situation. I feel positive that they will take appropriate action, since I'm a merchant too.

:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20