HPRC or NANUK hard case

Reaction score
In the event of a nuclear war two thing will survive, cockroaches and Nanuk cases... I like the design of the first other than that I know nothing about HPRC.

Unfortunately I have no experience with either so instead I'm going to recommend a 3rd:

Review: DJI Phantom 4 Case by Pelican (also fits Phantom 3) - Phantom-Four.com

I've used this Pelican case (with a different foam insert) for my camera equipment while shooting X-sports. Not only has it stood up perfectly against airline abuse it also took all the other abused that was hurled at it without any problems.

I use Pelican with our firearms. No doubts on quality of the case. I just wasn't overly thrilled with the insert layout. There is a local company that does custom Pelican inserts, I'm just trying to find something out of the box ready.

Reactions: Phantom-Four
In the event of a nuclear war two thing will survive, cockroaches and Nanuk cases... I like the design of the first other than that I know nothing about HPRC.

I really like the layout of the HPRC insert. I also like the fact that they include a small SD card hardcase too. But it's all tough to judge merely by photos

Just got the NANUK 945 DJI. Everything fits nicely. Very solid.

Any foreseeable issues with the top cover foam possibly bending and damaging the propellers? I suppose it's likely best practice to remove them anyhow.

Any foreseeable issues with the top cover foam possibly bending and damaging the propellers? I suppose it's likely best practice to remove them anyhow.

I have a P4 and always remove the props when storing it in the case. Just a habit and good practice if you are doing anything to the drone that may cause the motors to spin up. Having said that, because of the higher mounting of the motors on the P4, I was also concerned about damaging the props, but there does seem to be adequate clearance. The top foam may bend the props, but I seriously doubt that they would be damaged.

Reactions: Chopstix Kid
Check out the Microraptor P4 case. Great quality and price and features.

I will second the Micorapter case, I have their Hardcase and backpack, they even have a great deal where you can buy both for $265!

121658E8-75DE-4F71-AC57-EC137C807382.tif_zpsfl7rl9pd.jpeg

C8762214-11D4-45EC-86E3-4FF263DAF0FB.tif_zpskalh6shv.jpeg

bb77c5c95a9f6303a05ad6a1e9d961ff_zpsdozrziqj.jpg

Reactions: Chopstix Kid
I have the 2700W HPRC case for my P3 and I LOVE IT! Very nice case and the P3 sits under the foam with the props on.

I had a Microraptor case for my P3 before the HPRC and loved it as well.

Reactions: Joshua2016
I have the 2700W HPRC case for my P3 and I LOVE IT! Very nice case and the P3 sits under the foam with the props on.

I had a Microraptor case for my P3 before the HPRC and loved it as well.

That's exactly what is drawing me to the HPRC. My only hang-up is the size... it's huge!

HPRC2710 here, checked in cargo 2 times with props on and all ok. If you want ease of transportation get a backpack, the HPRC is large and heavy.

When I received my Nanuk 945 my 3 year old and 1 year old thought it was a great platform to climb on (Phantom not in there of course), and the top lid would hold up great to them both standing on it with little flex, my 3 year old is 45 lbs and 1 year old is over 20 lbs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers