Howto use battery discharge feature

I hope the automatic discharge ONLY works when the batteries are on.

I don't want to wait several hours whilst I charge my batteries. By then the spur of moment flying is gone.

my quess is that it will take weeks for the batteries to go to 50-40% by themselves, while in the box.

Here is the full release not on battery.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 15.06.57.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 15.06.57.png
    41 KB · Views: 344
Thank you DJI for giving us such clear and detailed information on your products. No, really! We would all be guessing if it weren't for the comprehensive technical documents you provide with each update!

4wd said:
On DJI forum, someone who I presume is tech support says only new barely released batteries should be updated and older ones cannot do the auto-discharge. :?
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1412
What constitutes a "barely released battery"? Within the last month? 6 months?

DJI needs to get their [emoji90] together and release all the information at once.

Best info to date, from Tahoe Ed
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... count=8209

DJI rep said:
1. Old batteries can be upgraded to v2.6. There is certain possibility of failure during upgrade for these batteries with loader of 1.3 or firmware of 1.6. The possibility is low but we don’t support these two version of batteries to eliminate the potential problem. If these users have already successfully upgraded to the v2.6, it’s totally fine.
They will have the same feature and functions as others who can upgrade to v2.6.

2. It is true that the “auto-discharge” function will activate automatically after 10 days of storage, given the condition that the battery does NOT operate during this period. This means even if you press the power button of the battery once, the battery will re-clock the time for 10 days. The battery will auto-discharge to 3.88V, corresponding to ~60% SOC. If cells in the battery are already below 3.88V, the auto-discharge will NOT activate. It turns off into deep sleep mode afterwards. If the battery is fully charged, the auto-discharge process will take around 2 days. The user will not notice the whole process cause the battery LEDs will not light up.

3. If the batteries fail with imbalanced cells or electrodes of certain cell detached from the pack, a warning notion will pop out on the camera screen (see the attached picture). In the log of the battery, the user can also browse the warning history during the previous use (see the attached picture).

4wd said:
Best info to date, from Tahoe Ed
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... count=8209

DJI rep said:
1. Old batteries can be upgraded to v2.6. There is certain possibility of failure during upgrade for these batteries with loader of 1.3 or firmware of 1.6. The possibility is low but we don’t support these two version of batteries to eliminate the potential problem. If these users have already successfully upgraded to the v2.6, it’s totally fine.
They will have the same feature and functions as others who can upgrade to v2.6.

2. It is true that the “auto-discharge” function will activate automatically after 10 days of storage, given the condition that the battery does NOT operate during this period. This means even if you press the power button of the battery once, the battery will re-clock the time for 10 days. The battery will auto-discharge to 3.88V, corresponding to ~60% SOC. If cells in the battery are already below 3.88V, the auto-discharge will NOT activate. It turns off into deep sleep mode afterwards. If the battery is fully charged, the auto-discharge process will take around 2 days. The user will not notice the whole process cause the battery LEDs will not light up.

3. If the batteries fail with imbalanced cells or electrodes of certain cell detached from the pack, a warning notion will pop out on the camera screen (see the attached picture). In the log of the battery, the user can also browse the warning history during the previous use (see the attached picture).
So will all batteries that can update to the new firmware have the auto discharge function?

Has anyone been able to upgrade the batterirs but stay at 3.04? I saw the upgrade available in Assistant but I don't want to upgrade the rest since I'm happy with the way things are in 3.04, although I would like the batteries to auto discharge.

Spetter said:
So will all batteries that can update to the new firmware have the auto discharge function?

It reads to me like yes they will - that is somewhat contrary to other suggestions that the new features only work fully with batteries supplied from now on.
No doubt it will become clear over time. :roll:

The main thing is if you have successfully updated your batteries it won't have any negative effect.
But in a few cases you won't be able to, and with older ones it might even stop it working altogether.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers