How's the Color Look?

Reaction score
Ive started playing with exposure, contrast, and temp on a few of my lastest vids. Do the colors look OK in this video?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi Helihover

Some nice shots, RE colour, the rocks around the falls appear to have a purple cast to me....o_O
Waylander

Reactions: Helihover
Nice... Can you record video in Beginner mode? Hey I'm new lol.

Yes, but I would never recommend flying in beginner mode. Beginner mode only restricts your craft to a confined area with a home piont. If for some reason the HP changes during flight, and it has several times before, your UAV is going to fly away to get back in its confined area around the new HP.

Yes, but I would never recommend flying in beginner mode. Beginner mode only restricts your craft to a confined area with a home piont. If for some reason the HP changes during flight, and it has several times before, your UAV is going to fly away to get back in its confined area around the new HP.

Thanks. So its good to set a HP every time I fly?

Very nice technique.
Great use of presentation methods, very smooth transitions, none of that jerky robotic movement.
You obviously slowed your vertical axis.
Although we are sometimes limited to landscapes at hand, editing, technique, and music is excellent.
I really liked your talents.

Strictly from a color standpoint I think overall exposure was good, but if you want to creatively color grade I recommend shooting with a flat profile then using a creative LUT in post. For this type of footage I would have enhanced the contrast, pushed the lows lower, given it all a colder color temp and since vignettes are in these days, given it a slight vignette.

From a composition and content standpoint, I think it was pretty good, but people have short attention spans these days, so instead of all big picture shots I would have mixed it up with some closeups, get closer to the tree tops, shoot some rising footage while taking off to reveal the view as the drone rises, instead of a pan up over the dam, do an orbit, even a half orbit would have presented well, get some footage from in the forest maybe following a foot path. An easy shot to set up that always presents well is to try to get the sun coming through the trees then truck left or right possibly with a slight rising or tilting action to add multi-axis dimensionality to the scene. Also, a good rule of thumb is don't let any single clips run longer than 5-8s without a viewpoint change or different subject material.

Unfortunately, the more interesting the footage is to the viewer, the more dangerous it was for the drone to acquire. I definitely liked the video, but since you asked for feedback I gave my .02.

Yes the 10 second rule. Lately I've been playing around to see how long of a smooth clip I can get. The last clip in the falls vid was pretty smooth and flowing, but I do understand the attention loss. I've had people tell me longer (referring to IMAX type shots?) were more pleasing and interesting. I kind of do what feels good. I posted a video a few weeks ago that is over 5 minutes long and is just one clip! I wanted to see how far I could push it:).

I did some filming on Saturday and forgot to change my settings. I'm going to start filming in LOG which should help in post. I was more focused on flying:). A lot of times (most of the time) I don't go out with a plan. I go shoot whatever I think would look cool and interesting. Then when I come home, I start making a video, starting with the music

Anyway thanks for all the input guys. I really appreciate it all. Here's some of what I shot on Saturday....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen