How would you customize your copter?

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been looking around at some different websites that sell skins for the phantom vision 2 plus. The problem is, they're all kind of boring and I don't really want to stick a giant sticker to my copter. What do you all think? If you could completely custom design your quadcopter shell, what would it look like? I am trying to think of a design that would look cool with it. Thanks for your opinions :)

Piper

I decided to paint mine because I don't like the skins that you mention. For me, it was more about visibility rather than "style" but I want my drone to look cool too ;) So I decided to paint it in black with red stripes only in the front to know where I'm turning the camera when flying. And I made a tutorial on how to do it. If you want to give it a try, here are my videos.

DJI Phantom Paintjob Part 1 - Disassemble --> http://youtu.be/6Fyo2GAeU2w
DJI Phantom Paintjob Part 2 - Paint ----------> http://youtu.be/2thBdN6kmgI
DJI Phantom Paintjob Part 3 - Reassemble --> http://youtu.be/5hnerDEXIUk

I would make my battery behave in a consistent, safe manner... I know... I know... pie in the sky... :D

I've been wondering about this, too. Most of the large stickers/skins I've seen are pretty ugly.

I didn't buy my P2 because of what it looks like; I bought it because of its capabilities for aerial video. I really don't give two hoots what it looks like - once it's 200' up in the air and a quarter of a mile away it's just a dot in the sky anyway.

Well, it took me a while but I finally got the courage (and idea) together to do it! I've been watching "Black Sails" lately so I had to go with a pirate theme.

Hand-painted using enamel model paints, sealed with UV-resistant automotive clear coat. Only took me about 3 days to paint. If you like it, let me know! I'm selling this shell on ebay because I already have my idea for the next one :)

If you have an idea for your copter but not the time/know-how to do it, tell me your idea. I'll let you know if it is something I can pull off or not. I had fun with this one!

I got mine hydrodipped.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-07-28 at 8.33.44 AM.png
    Screenshot 2014-07-28 at 8.33.44 AM.png
    353.9 KB · Views: 621
Reactions: Reed L
I would get DJI to test the firmware. It's pretty clear they haven't done this properly for some time :eek:

Steer clear of Slickwraps, skin did not come close to fitting on phantom or controller without a lot of cutting, customer service is completely non existent and of no help, they Do Not offer refunds if you have tried to put skin on, but did offer replacement.

Jacob, that hydrodipping looks pretty good - can you tell me more about how you did it, or what type of shop does such work?

Jacob, that hydrodipping looks pretty good - can you tell me more about how you did it, or what type of shop does such work?

edonovanl said:
You can get a home kit and do it yourself . Been dipping everything I can dip in my house for practice . It is not just get the kit and dip water has to be right temp. Have to use the perfect amount of activator got to go in on a good angle . I'm waiting for more film now going to do the bird next . Go to YouTube watch some vids if it's to much Google hydro graphics in your Area see if anybody's doing it .

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I would really like a custom wrap showing my business name or logo.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4