Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

How warm do your P2V+ v3.0 motors get?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Help' started by Monkeyleg, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Monkeyleg

I have another thread going in which I address my concern about the motors being hot, and the Phantom drifting. Both could be due to wind.

However, I don't know what a normal operating temperature is. I don't remember feeling the motors of my v2.0 after flight, so I don't even have that to compare.

How hot (or not) are your motors after a flight in a calm wind? Anything you can compare to, such as a cup of coffee or something else that's universally known?

2. MikeTess

I fly the same bird. Three batteries in a row and my motors get warm, not hot. Probably as warm as a nice pulled-pork sandwich on a pretzel bread roll.

3. Monkeyleg

Thanks for the reply, MikeTess. I just took mine out again for the second time today. Just a little breeze, probably 5-8 mph. I only flew for a few minutes and all four motors were too hot to touch. Like a cup of coffee you can touch for a split second but can't hold your hand to it.

I just replaced all four ESC's, and then replaced the shielded power cables to them. Yesterday was the first time I'd flown it since I bought it. It flew fine when I bought it. I didn't feel the motors, though.

One front motor sounds a little bit different. The Phantom had been crashed, and the other front motor has a nick in it. I've ordered two motors for the front, just in case.

It's still not hovering, even in a calm wind.

4. marg2

got one that was hotter than others, when replacing ESC felt a little drag on the one that got the hit when a had a small crash, have u crashed before? u just replaced esc an wires!

5. marg2

Mkley replace the motor I thinks the shaft get bend and drags in one side,do you fell like it has like a step like a cliker movement when you turn it by Hand?

6. Monkeyleg

The two front motors feel different than the two rear motors. It's a slight difference, but there feels like a little more drag on one or both of the rear motors compared to the front.

I didn't realize when I'd bought it that this Phantom had more of a crash than I thought.

I need a tachometer to see if there's a difference in speed.

7. Monkeyleg

I downloaded a strobe tachometer app. All of the props are turning at about the same speed (3300 rpm) at idle.