HOW TO: Vision live view on pc or TV

Reaction score
Hi all

Today I was wondering how my son could see the picture from my vision at the same time as me.
A couple of days ago I tried to see if both my iphone and ipad could see the picture at the same time, but no only one at the time.
But both devices could obtain an IP address at the same time.
And I came up with this solution.
I used airplay :D

I connect both my Iphone and AppleTV to the visions wireless network, and then make airplay screen mirroring to the apple tv.
Now I open the Vision app and can see it on both the phone and on my tv.
I also tried it with my Ipad and that work better because it can rotate the screen so it fits my tv better.

I then installed this on my pc http://www.airserver.com/ and could also make the screen mirroring to my pc.

So now both me and my son can see the live view from my drone while I fly :D

Ah - so multiple devices can join the same Phantom Wi-Fi network (extender), even though only one can actually connect to the camera at a time? Very useful, will have to try this...

Too bad there seems to be no current way to do iOS to iOS (iPhone to iPad) mirroring with Airplay. Looks there used to be some apps that turned your iPad into an Airplay receiver, but those were all pulled from the app store back in 2012.

Can you run an Apple TV on battery power, or just AC?

jimre said:
Ah - so multiple devices can join the same Phantom Wi-Fi network (extender), even though only one can actually connect to the camera at a time? Very useful, will have to try this...

No, he's using Airplay to allow the phone to connect and mirror its display to a TV or PC at the same time that it's connected to the extender.

It's similar to using "Miracast" on an Android as I've tried:

http://www.visionflyer.com/wirelessly-s ... rson-view/

-- Roger

jadebox said:
jimre said:

No, he's using Airplay to allow the phone to connect and mirror its display to a TV or PC at the same time that it's connected to the extender.

It's similar to using "Miracast" on an Android as I've tried:

http://www.visionflyer.com/wirelessly-s ... rson-view/

-- Roger
I understand. But he's clearly joining multiple devices (iPhone and Apple TV) to the same Phantom Wi-Fi network at the same time. That's something I hadn't thought of - I knew only one device could actually connect to the *camera* at a time, but it hadn't occurred to me that the phone could connect to both the camera and another device (Apple TV) simultaneously, using the Phantom's Wi-Fi network.

I think this is different from your case, where your android phone is connected to *two different* Wi-Fi networks at the same time: the Phantom's, and the ad-hoc Miracast Wi-Fi direct connection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers