Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

how to use waypoint with IPad (no cell)wifi only

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by marg2, Jan 22, 2015.

1. marg2

been using my Pv+2 mostly on LOS, did a mission on Ground station with Iphone 4s found screen kind small for my fingers and view, have an Ipad mini, no cell, wifi only, wandering how can I use it as my Ground station on the field since there is no gps signal on IPad?
    Should I use make a hotspot o my IPhone or should download the map at home wifi and use it at the field?

Thanks Mar

2. erikgraham

Definitely just cache the map at home... but have the iPhone with hotspot available in case you need to update the map.

3. marg2

how do you do a map cache?

4. erikgraham

Just launch the Vision app while your at home with wifi. Go to the camera (it will be black because your not connected to Phantom). From there swipe to the ground station map.

Now that your in the map in the Vision app, goto the location you want to cache (where you expect to fly). Drag the map around so that it loads all the map tiles in the area, plus a little extra around it. Make sure to zoom in and out so you see the map at different levels of detail. While your doing that, the app will automatically cache (store to memory) the map.