How to use P3p camera without wifi or data

Reaction score
I Just bought a phantom 3 Professional. and I cannot figure out how to record and get a live camera feed without having wifi or data. I am wanting to use this at the lake to make wakeboarding videos. and you cant tell me I paid a grand for this and I cant use it in the woods or at the lake without wifi. how are people doing it I don't understand. I am brand new to this its my first one so if someone can walk me through the process of how to do this it would be greatly appreciated. all I want to do is record at a lake or in the woods with no wifi or data. when I am away from wifi and data( tonight at a field in town) I plug my tablet into the controller with usb cord and the drone will take off and fly but I have no video on screen from camera and do not even have the option to record video BLINDLY!!!! PLZ HELP!

You don't need wifi or any data service on your tablet/ phone to get live video stream. P3 has its own network with RC and gets live video feed and displays onto tablet on DJI go app through USB connection to RC.

In short, AC connects to RC and RC feeds the video to tablet using USB cable.

ok so I connect my tablet to aircraft via usb cable and I do not have a live feed is there some sort of process I need to go through to get that feature working because I have tried many times and It does not work for me can you walk me through it some how?

Reactions: NotARubicon
Yep, as Meta4 said, RTM. I spent weeks reading and re-reading the manual, reviewing videos and re-reading again before I even unboxed the aircraft.

Which tablet are you using?

There's a thing called "debugging". Apple device should automatically pop up asking for access and you click yes and it's connected. With an android tablet (as crappy as it is) you have to unlock developer settings to manually allow debugging from USB. ...I know I know. but you get what you pay for!!!

Ok so i got that problem figured out thank you all.new prolem now... i haVe major video lag and pixalation on my live feed through my tablet any ideas? I have a lg Samsung tablet through verizion. The tablet software is up todate and so is the aircraft and remote but this is rediculious i have a 4 k camera and the video recording qaulity is terrible because of the lag and pixelation. How do i fix this?

Ok so i got that problem figured out thank you all.new prolem now... i haVe major video lag and pixalation on my live feed through my tablet any ideas? I have a lg Samsung tablet through verizion. The tablet software is up todate and so is the aircraft and remote but this is rediculious i have a 4 k camera and the video recording qaulity is terrible because of the lag and pixelation. How do i fix this?
Video on tabletshould be very good. The best quality though is the files recorded to your SD card in the camera.

I thought thatbut when i reviewed footage it was choppy and pixaly? Any clues?
The video recorded to the SD card should be clear and not choppy at all.
Often when users complain of this the cause is either:
They are trying to play from the SD card rather than copying to their hard drive or
Their computer is not capable of handling 4K video properly or
The software they use is not suitable (get VLC media player)

The app is very demanding and will only run well on tablets with sufficient power.
Here is a list of tablets known to work with the app:
Best Tablets/Phones for DJI GO | Phantom Help

video lag and pixalation on my live feed through my tablet

Maybe your tablet is underpowered for the task. Try to set Transmission Quality in DJI app to 4Mbps and see if that helps for the lag (the mobile display is only a preview so its quality might not be very good but at least it should display real-time video).

Reactions: Droneted
I thought thatbut when i reviewed footage it was choppy and pixaly? Any clues?
The videos recorded on the aircraft itself have nothing to do with what you see (or record) on your tablet. If the videos in the aircraft are bad then you need to look at a possible issue with the camera.

Good luck,
Dave

Like today i messed with it and set the tablet down to the 4mbps like you said it did great until i switched to my second battery and then it got all choppy and skipping frames and looking like tracking on a bad vhs tape. Do you really think its my tablet? Because i didnt see my tablet on the compatable list you all gave me?

Like today i messed with it and set the tablet down to the 4mbps like you said it did great until i switched to my second battery and then it got all choppy and skipping frames and looking like tracking on a bad vhs tape. Do you really think its my tablet? Because i didnt see my tablet on the compatable list you all gave me?
You've taken off any camera lense cover and or gimbal clamps, correct? Do you have the antennas in the right alignment? Have you tried a different cable to the tablet?

It's the tablet. LG tablets have trouble with the DJI GO app. Try an iPad or Nvidia K1.
Also if you take the SD card out of the aircraft and try to play the recorded 4K video, it's going to buffer and skip. This is because most computers and televisions don't have the ability to play 4K. Which is another reason getting a Pro is silly. So, either run the video through a program that will lower the resolution or record in 1080p 25fps.

Hi OP, why don't you start by uploading the log somewhere we can see it and better understand the nature of the issue?
Also how do you position the R/C antennas when flying?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31