How to Use Dashware

Have you looked at your speed(mph) and noticed if it is off? It appears to be off by 1 decimal position. Currently it is "3.860911" and should be "38.60".
This meant for me? My speeds have been correct. Only dash ware issue I've seen is on two different videos I did using the same converter and gauges one of them has distance from home and the other gave total distance flown.

Yes it is for you.

Have you looked at the data on the file lately and noticed it being off?

The dashware part of it doesn't mean anything as it is set to correct such issues depending on the data profile.

Yes it is for you.

Have you looked at the data on the file lately and noticed it being off?

The dashware part of it doesn't mean anything as it is set to correct such issues depending on the data profile.
Haven't used it since last weekend but my max speed was 49.56 so it was right.

I noticed my speed is being displayed wrong. How can I fix this issue? At this point in the video, my speed was ~15MPH, but Dashware displays 1.

I used Lichti to convert my P3A flight data to a Flytrex.csv file.

dashware1.jpg

Don't worry there is nothing wrong with your data. The issue is in the converter you used. It only exists and sadly has never been setup properly.

The best advice currently is.....

Go to this link http://www.djilogs.com/
Upload your .TXT or .DAT file
Save and Use ONLY the Comprehensive file
With Dashware currently use ONLY the UAVFORCAST profile

Below shows what your video could look like when using the info above in this post.
Btw, the two circles with dots in or around the middle represent your Controller Sticks.

Last edited:
Reactions: timmer
Check Your Message box.

@n6vmo I need it as well.

I tried the flytrex profile but it does not sync at proper right. You can get video synched at one point and its off in another.

Thanks and 73

Rich

@n6vmo I need it as well.

I tried the flytrex profile but it does not sync at proper right. You can get video synched at one point and its off in another.

Thanks and 73

Rich

The flytrex profile is extremely out of date and especially with the comprehensive file now. There is a couple new flytrex profiles that were created based on the flytrex canbus that I know of but never used them.

Don't worry there is nothing wrong with your data. The issue is in the converter you used. It only exists and sadly has never been setup properly.

The best advice currently is.....

Go to this link http://www.djilogs.com/
Upload your .TXT or .DAT file
Save and Use ONLY the Comprehensive file
With Dashware currently use ONLY the UAVFORCAST profile

Below shows what your video could look like when using the info above in this post.
Btw, the two circles with dots in or around the middle represent your Controller Sticks.

Very nice gauges! would you be interested in sharing the stick position and roll and pitch gauges?

Joe

Very nice gauges! would you be interested in sharing the stick position and roll and pitch gauges?

Joe

That video is of the Dashware Guru and belongs to him. I have yet to get that gauge myself. But I did attach a file here that is badass though. Install it and use it with a comprehensive.csv file and let me know what you think.

Attachments

• FlytrexPilotApp.zip
    711.5 KB · Views: 297
Thanks for posting the file - just started tinkering with these overlays today...

That video is of the Dashware Guru and belongs to him. I have yet to get that gauge myself. But I did attach a file here that is badass though. Install it and use it with a comprehensive.csv file and let me know what you think.

Thanks. I'll check it out

I could not get that profile to work. Had the column error about date time which I fixed and then no data. Will come back another day as I have stuff going on now.

But thanks for sending it.

Rich

The link on the Facebook page to a dropbox file for the UAVFORECAST Profile is dead (404). My google-fu is failing me to find the .zip file.

Help me out oh wise ones?

The link on the Facebook page to a dropbox file for the UAVFORECAST Profile is dead (404). My google-fu is failing me to find the .zip file.

Help me out oh wise ones?

But of coarse....

Was that flyNfrank that helped me out? :D

Attachments

• uavforcastdashware.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 299
Can anyone point me to a simple tutorial as far as how to use Dashware with the P3P? Years ago (when you had to pay for it) I used it for cycling, but have no idea about how to data from the P3P into Dashware. Thanks.

I viewed this DashWare tutorial link before I downloaded and tried it myself.

I have done a great job at syncing my flight log and video files together as a project file, but I can't seem to finish with creating the video file. Each time I get prompted from Windows 8.1 that DashWare has to close.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1