Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

How to update Zenmuse

Discussion in 'Zenmuse H3-2D GoPro Gimbal' started by Miika, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Miika

I just bought my Phantom with Zenmuse preinstalled. Its P1 but with Naza V2.

-Where can I connect my micro usb to update Zenmuse?
    -In the Naza V2 software theres NO on the gimbal switch, but the Zenmuse seems to work even with this "no" checked. Why could this be? Should I turn it on.

My problem is that when I have connected Phantom with the USB cable (the one that is behind the battery door) and I start the Zenmuse Assistant it gives an error saying "please connect to the controller". The Naza assistan works just fine.

2. Kicerk52

The "gimbal switch" is for old servo gimbals, so that's not anything you use. Leave it off, you don't need it.

3. Miika

Thanks Kicerk. What could be wrong, because I get the error when I'm trying to use Zenmuse assistant.

4. Kicerk52

I think you would have to check the connections with the GCU... can't really say much more.

5. Miika

The Zenmuse was installed by a professional who has built a lot of Phantoms and other drones. it wont mean it cant be connection between the GCU. If I connect the USB to the USB connector that is behind the battery door, am I connected to GCU? or is it some other connector that I need to find from within the Phantom?

6. Miika

The solution was to open the Phantom and there was USB port on the GCU itself. So now my GCU is updated.