How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

In a CE area... does this do anything at all for the 5.8ghz?
Yes it does a difference. I live un France so i'm in CE area and have a really bad range on 5.8ghz
A simple test i did :
Icarus software boost 2.4ghz but doesn't change CE to FCC... i had a strong video signal (2.4ghz) but always poor range on rc 5.8ghz...

With Power magic i have the same strong signal on vidéo (2.4ghz), but now i'm able to fly my P3S to ~2km in the same area. The différence is i use FCC setting in Power magic (so 5.8ghz is set to fcc power) and telnet command "iw reg get" confirm that. With Icarus "iw reg get" give me CE ...

So for those in the U.K. We should also be seeing better results not worse? I think a few of us have noticed range loss with the increased video feed

I downgraded the djigo to the 2.9.1 with the papatita patch, all seemed to . work properly for a while but now I am asked to upgrade again and the app don't start. Am I doing something wrong?

Hello Papa, please forgive if this is a repeat but is there a preferred GO App version or does it not matter?

Attempting to run MP on my iMac. I disabled security in preferences for MP. I disabled MP in BitDefender. I connected RC to iMac via WiFi. Made selections in MP. I turned on RC and PS3. I clicked on step one and got a message that it could not connect to RC.

Any help or suggestion?

Attempting to run MP on my iMac. I disabled security in preferences for MP. I disabled MP in BitDefender. I connected RC to iMac via WiFi. Made selections in MP. I turned on RC and PS3. I clicked on step one and got a message that it could not connect to RC.

Any help or suggestion?
Check Your network preference, make sure TCP/IP using DHCP

Check Your network preference, make sure TCP/IP using DHCP

In your google drive under P3S firmware folder i saw this (P3C_FW_V01.09.0080.bin), I try download and insert to sdcard to update but not success.....is this the newer firmware that dji not yet release?

Thank you for this very useful freeware. Applied to a P3S in FW 1.8.1, it allowed me to reach 1500m without any problem (video and radio). And again I could have gone further, to test on a next opportunity. I have a better fluidity in video on litchi than on DJI GO.
Olivier

Thank you for this very useful freeware. Applied to a P3S in FW 1.8.1, it allowed me to reach 1500m without any problem (video and radio). And again I could have gone further, to test on a next opportunity. I have a better fluidity in video on litchi than on DJI GO.
Olivier
What version of DGI Go are you using?

I updated my P3S with the Magic Power V5 recently and took out the Phantom for a flight this morning, and sadly I can't say I noticed any difference.
She was still initiating RTH at about 100m out....what else can I do to make this thing more usable ??
I have fitted a set of Argtek Antenna's, I have re-linked the transmitter, I have done the Magic Power upgrade, I have flown on the edge of town I have also flown in the middle of nowhere and still she initiate's RTH at about 100m or less.
Why can't I get my bird to be as usable as advertised....100m or so max distance and a max height of about 70m before RTH sets in is nowhere near what DJI promised with this.....my P1 v1.1.1 was more capable.

Can anyone help.

30m only o_O really. It is beginner mode.
That was with Beginner mode off.....terrible I know, that's why I'm pissed off and bought the ARGtek's, re-linked the RC and am now trying the Magic Power.
I'm not the only one that has had the same issues....there is numerous posts on the web and YouTube etc about this.
DJI has promised this and that, but has failed to deliver to some purchasers for some unknown reason....it pisses me off when I see videos of guy's flying out thousands of metre's or up hundreds of metre's and I find it difficult to get past 100m even after adding antenna's etc etc.

I feel sorry for you. Possible product defect. The only solution. Throw this piece DJI on head and want to replace.

Reactions: harmudge
Hello Friend Papa Tita, I live in Brazil and I would like to know if it is possible to use Magic Power here without problems

Hi Guys. I have a question. In Magicpower there is a Option with 27dbm. What is better for Transmission? Standard 24dbm or 27dbm manuell?

Good evening everyone!

First of all thank you very much all of you for making this the best forum for a DJI Pilot you can search off.

I have a problem while downgrading my Phantom 3 Standard. After doing the whole downgrading process (inserting the file in the pre-formated sd card etc...) from 1.8.1 to 1.7.9 version I get a Barometer error on the top of my DJI Go App and I am unable to fly with my drone (after the whole process is succesfull). I´ve tried everything from IMU calibration to RC repairing and the only way around is to reupgrade to 1.8.1 which a lot of people say your range is quite limited.(I even put on the formated SD card the 1.7.9.4 version which is strangely small, around 800kb, that DJI sent me to fix this).

I am trying to downgrade to 1.7.9 in order to run MagicPower 5 and get a decent range since with 1.8.1 without the magic mod I get 300m (in a open grass field of 10km^2, which is really bad ). I have upgraded to 1.8.1 and applied the Mod and I am waiting to test it out but the last time I did it it didn´t go further than 300m (with 1.8.1 + the MagicPower mod).

After all this long pharagraph, do you guys know any solution to downgrade the Phantom to 1.7.9 without the Barometer Error in order to apply the Magic mod and get a lot more range? (Since in FW 1.8.1 Magic Mod does not work properly).

Thank you very very much and I hope someone can help me, I´m desesperated!

Cheers :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic