How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

Hello, first of all thanks for your hardword papatita.
I have 2 questions:
I juste bought my phantom 3 yesterday so I suppose I'm on the latest version of the firmware. Is it ok ? If not, how can I downgrade ?
And, I don't understand what's IWINFO ? Can I check it at anytime ? Should I check it ? If yes when ?

Thanks a lot

Hi, I have the 4k. I have modded both copter and RC 27dbm. As I fly some 500 meters every signal is at full, then suddenly the craft is returning to home. The video feed has no glitches. Checked with telnet: both RC and copter says 27 dBm. I want to try downgrade the firmware, but old firmwre for the 4k seems hard to find.

Hello, first of all thanks for your hardword papatita.
I have 2 questions:
I juste bought my phantom 3 yesterday so I suppose I'm on the latest version of the firmware. Is it ok ? If not, how can I downgrade ?
And, I don't understand what's IWINFO ? Can I check it at anytime ? Should I check it ? If yes when ?

Thanks a lot
Best firmware still 1.5.7.
You can check anytime with telnet but what for?

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi, I have the 4k. I have modded both copter and RC 27dbm. As I fly some 500 meters every signal is at full, then suddenly the craft is returning to home. The video feed has no glitches. Checked with telnet: both RC and copter says 27 dBm. I want to try downgrade the firmware, but old firmwre for the 4k seems hard to find.
Same. If get it please share to me.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi Papa Tita!

I moded my drone with your app v. 3.5, and now I want to mod with some of the new options.
Should I first revert back to CE and then mod from beginning with the options I want?
Or can I go directly to mod the options?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi Papa Tita!

I moded my drone with your app v. 3.5, and now I want to mod with some of the new options.
Should I first revert back to CE and then mod from beginning with the options I want?
Or can I go directly to mod the options?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
You can go directly to the mod.

Reactions: toegema
Hi, I've a problem. At step 2, a message says : Can't telnet the RC. I try to reboot 3 time drone and RC still not working.. I don't know what to do ? Should I retry to step 1 ? IWINFO don't detect my RC SSID and others things

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi, I've a problem. At step 2, a message says : Can't telnet the RC. I try to reboot 3 time drone and RC still not working.. I don't know what to do ? Should I retry to step 1 ? IWINFO don't detect my RC SSID and others things

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app
After STEP 1, restart rc and drone.
You have to connect back wifi on the laptop, and make sure already happened. Like on youtube minutes to 0:35:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

After STEP 1, restart rc and drone.
You have to connect back wifi on the laptop, and make sure already happened. Like on youtube minutes to 0:35:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks, it worked this time. I just select FCC for the RC as recommended, is there a difference with RC and Drone ?

However, it show 27dbm on rc and drone I don't know why
look:

/ # iwinfo
wlan0 ESSID: "PHANTOM3_0a7231"
Access Point: 60:60:1F:0A:72:31
Mode: Master Channel: 6 (2.437 GHz)
Tx-Power: 27 dBm Link Quality: 70/70
Signal: -12 dBm Noise: -95 dBm
Bit Rate: 40.4 MBit/s
Encryption: WPA2 PSK (CCMP)
Type: nl80211 HW Mode(s): 802.11abgn
Hardware: unknown [Generic MAC80211]
TX power offset: unknown
Frequency offset: unknown
Supports VAPs: yes PHY name: phy0

wlan0.sta1 ESSID: unknown
Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Mode: Master (VLAN) Channel: 6 (2.437 GHz)
Signal: -4 dBm Noise: -95 dBm
Bit Rate: 28.9 MBit/s
Encryption: none

Thanks, it worked this time. I just select FCC for the RC as recommended, is there a difference with RC and Drone ?

However, it show 27dbm on rc and drone I don't know why
look:

/ # iwinfo
wlan0 ESSID: "PHANTOM3_0a7231"
Access Point: 60:60:1F:0A:72:31
Mode: Master Channel: 6 (2.437 GHz)
Signal: -12 dBm Noise: -95 dBm
Bit Rate: 40.4 MBit/s
Encryption: WPA2 PSK (CCMP)
Type: nl80211 HW Mode(s): 802.11abgn
Hardware: unknown [Generic MAC80211]
TX power offset: unknown
Frequency offset: unknown
Supports VAPs: yes PHY name: phy0

wlan0.sta1 ESSID: unknown
Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Mode: Master (VLAN) Channel: 6 (2.437 GHz)
Signal: -4 dBm Noise: -95 dBm
Bit Rate: 28.9 MBit/s
Encryption: none

By what I can understand you can patch only the remote it will work on both the remote and the phantom. Imagine that patching the remote and the phantom you will have 2 copies of the "fix" one in the phantom and one in the remote, but only one copy is needed in the remote.

By what I can understand you can patch only the remote it will work on both the remote and the phantom. Imagine that patching the remote and the phantom you will have 2 copies of the "fix" one in the phantom and one in the remote, but only one copy is needed in the remote.
though only choose rc only, in script there is a command also to boost dbm in drones, while selection in remote and drone script is available in both

I tried to downgrade my P3-4K to version 1.2.10 - didn't work. Read the logfile on the memory card that the installed firmware (1.5.40) is not downgradable. Anyone has som idea how to solve this?
... looking for a solution as well

I remember there was a minor upgrade for the P3-4K some month ago. I also think the drone worked better before that upgrade. I think the firmware revision was 1.4.30. Maybe it´s possible to downgrade to that one. I need however the file. Has someone got firmware 1.4.30 for P3-4K?

Patched it a while ago...I also chose the Scan Channel optional feature.
Winds dont help though..I will return with news.

PapaTita, thanks for your hard work.

Stupid question.
Will this method extend my p3s range automatically?
Even currently i'm using the stock antenna? (No mod at all)

Thank you :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers