How to turn lights off automatically in new firmware?

Reaction score
Hello,

I have searched through the menus, but can't seem to find. Where is the new setting to turn the lights off when recording?

I have found a setting to turn the lights off 100%, but I thought the new firmware has the function to automatically turn them off when your recording or taking a photo?

Would any one be kind to direct me to where this is?

It's in the "Menu" in DJI GO. You will only see that setting while DJI GO is connected to your Phantom.

DJI-GO-Turn-Off-LEDs-For-Photos.jpg

Reactions: Stealthmatt
You can also set your C1 or C2 button to turn the front LEDS off and on to save going into settings as your flying. Can turn them off to take photo or video then turn them back on at the touch of a button without taking your eyes off the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I wonder how much battery you save having them off the whole time? Especially if your flying far away and can't see them anyway...

Those are led light , I do not think turning them off will increase the flight time significantly their consumption is negligible compared to the motors.

Hi folks, just joined as a new member.
I never knew this app existed!

You can also set your C1 or C2 button to turn the front LEDS off and on to save going into settings as your flying. Can turn them off to take photo or video then turn them back on at the touch of a button without taking your eyes off the screen.

Isn't there a setting that will turn the lights off automatically when you take a pic? No need to use the C1 or C2 buttons.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Isn't there a setting that will turn the lights off automatically when you take a pic? No need to use the C1 or C2 buttons.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hmmm... second post in this thread showed us the setting? I think he was just responding that there is also another function to turn them off manually with out having to go through different menus.

It's not really a battery saving thing.

The lights only really need to be turned off when shooting in the dark. That;s why they added "Turn off when shooting".. It is much more convenient than going through menus every time you want to take a shot in the dark.

The lights are prone to casting reflections on the camera lens. See the attached image.

lights.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl