How to travel on airline with complete P3 and Batteries

Reaction score
My daughter is getting married next month, and I want to take the P3P on Southwest Airlines to the wedding. I have heard mixed messages on getting through TSA and wondered if any of you who have had this experience could provide accurate info on what I have to do to be safe and get the backpack with P3 on board. Thanks in advance.

Phil H

I don't think that there is any reason why you couldn't carry it on. There is nothing that I know of that prevents these batteries on an aircraft.

"Spillable batteries" are prohibited. What is that anyway, like a car battery??

I know that everything has to get x-rayed, but that shouldn't hurt the bird or batteries.

Here's the list - Prohibited Items

Sometimes you are asked to seal the battery contacts. Why don't you pack them individually to avoid hassles at the last minute.

I have carried them in my backpack as a hand carriage. Didn't face any issue. But let others share their experiences.

You must put all batteries in your carry-on bag. Make sure they are in slots made to hold the batteries or the battery terminals are covered with something so they cannot touch anything (per the FAA here). Your Phantom would be safest if you carry it on, but it's okay to pack it in your checked luggage too.

Last edited:
Congrats on your daughter wedding and feel free to share your experience, hoping to be a positive one.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj