How to test WiFi module and Range Extender ?

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a problem for like a mont now. Used Android and bought FPV Booster app for iPhone and I have same problems with connections.

When I turn the extender ON, then the Phantom, after 15-20 sec I see Phantom WiFi and connect to it on my phone but when I go to the app in 80% cases it says "Connection broken". Other 20% of cases it connects and shows telemetry and FPV but after 30 sec I get freezed photo from FPV and "Connection broken".

I have noticed that on Android and DJI Vision app sometimes the FPV freezes but also telemetry data freezes. And shows like battery on 80% when it has only 2 LEDs or on 30%. Most of the time it freezes when it connects. Only 2 times in last month I was able to connect and drove it with everything perfect. On Android I loose also that blue WIFI power and then it comes back later. Mostly I have that WiFi blue icon and extender battery. Other infos and FPV are hit and mostly miss.

I think it can be either WiFi module or the extender. How do I check them to see which one is making trouble ? Phantom makes WiFi and the signal goes from -60 dBi to -95 dBi and that is only when the extender is OFF. Havent tried with extender ON or maybe with connected extender.

How to test both of them to solve this big problem ?

Hi,
any joy with the problem you have. Im having the same issue, it works when the drone is beside me soon as I take off about 10-15 ft away its broken connection, but still records for the duration of the flight.

Hello,

I have a problem for like a mont now. Used Android and bought FPV Booster app for iPhone and I have same problems with connections.

When I turn the extender ON, then the Phantom, after 15-20 sec I see Phantom WiFi and connect to it on my phone but when I go to the app in 80% cases it says "Connection broken". Other 20% of cases it connects and shows telemetry and FPV but after 30 sec I get freezed photo from FPV and "Connection broken".

I have noticed that on Android and DJI Vision app sometimes the FPV freezes but also telemetry data freezes. And shows like battery on 80% when it has only 2 LEDs or on 30%. Most of the time it freezes when it connects. Only 2 times in last month I was able to connect and drove it with everything perfect. On Android I loose also that blue WIFI power and then it comes back later. Mostly I have that WiFi blue icon and extender battery. Other infos and FPV are hit and mostly miss.

I think it can be either WiFi module or the extender. How do I check them to see which one is making trouble ? Phantom makes WiFi and the signal goes from -60 dBi to -95 dBi and that is only when the extender is OFF. Havent tried with extender ON or maybe with connected extender.

How to test both of them to solve this big problem ?

Its not a big problem.
I think you both had a 'heavy bump' and the cables have come loose or damaged.
You don't need to open up the phantom to fix.
Look for 3 grey sets of cables coming from the Phantom down to the gimbal board - 2 are plug in cables and the other is 4 pin clip-in cable. The cable that causes the connection broken is the 4 pin clip-in cable. Just unplug all 3 and inspect them and make sure that the plastic is not broken or damaged in any way. If they are, try and re-align them and plug them back in firmly.

The reason why you get connection broken warning is when you are 10 feet away is that the motor vibrations will cause the cable to come loose or short.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20