How to test if VPS/Lightbridge is bad, red light is off???

Reaction score
I recently swapped bodies on my P3P and now on power up everything seems to work fine except. I get beeping and the VPS has no light and will not allow the bird to connect to the remote. Honestly in messing with it the other day while out of it's skin I MAY have plugged in a cable incorrectly. No, unsurprisingly I have a problem that I need to isolate and solve. I know there is a VPS board and a Lightbridge board in the VPS but I am not sure what to test or how. I can't see any damage even under magnification but it could still be bad. I disconnected all of the antennas from the VPS and separated the two halves, etc. since I was painting the VPS cover, landing gear and antennas, etc. I wanted the antennas to stay with the legs.

Right now when powered up the drones lights flash and the camera does a self test and the gimbal seems pointed correctly. BUT I have no remote connection, so no video telemetry, etc. Also when powering down the battery turns off but the red power light on it blinks several times then shuts off later. Anyone have any ideas??

Last edited:
Bump

I did and I think everything is hooked up right. I have pulled and it and reinstalled it a few times. I also noticed that the OFDM module light is off at all times.

I think while trying to hook the boards up together while the guts were out of the shell and on my workbench I may have plugged in something wrong. I can't see well without reading glass and I had them off part of the time. I just don't know of a way to test the OFDM Lightbridge module. The camera gimbal fires up and even tracks side to side a little on it's own if you move the bird. The only thing that seems to be wrong is no connection to the remote at all.

Sounds like your camera is disconnected. I have a P3P that I fixed that I fly without camera and it performs the same as yours regarding the shutdown sequence.
I would check your cables to the camera/ gimbal.

I have tried so many orientations. I have also tried to isolate things by disconnecting the VPS board and the camera boards to see if it was one of them stopping things.

I have tried so many orientations. I have also tried to isolate things by disconnecting the VPS board and the camera boards to see if it was one of them stopping things.

It may require all modules to be connected in order to function at all. Further, what do you mean be "tried so many orientations". Every non-solder connection in the bird can only be inserted one way without breaking it.

I tried it with the VPS board unplugged, not Lightbridge, just VPS, then with camera disconnected, then VPS and camera disconnected, etc. to see if one was dragging down the 5v. Also the grey plug that goes to the gimbal is the same connector as the black one that goes to the Lightbridge VPS board. I was messing plugging some of them in while the boards were out of the body. I have papers between them so boards would not touch but I MAY have plugged the black plug into the camera and the gray plug into the VPS somehow. I don't know what I did but after swapping bodies, I did something because my 5v on the main board is dead and my Lightbridge board seems to have no power. That of course means no communication to my remote. I think I just need to get 5v back on my main board but I am not sure.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31