Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

How to tell if the handset batteries are getting low?

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by houldsworth1, Oct 11, 2014.

1. houldsworth1

I had a crash earlier which was caused by my unit suddenly behaving very oddly and not responding to the controls properly.

I was wondering if it might be because the batteries in the controller (the thing with the joysticks) are getting a little old. However I have flown with it since and everything seems OK again.

Is there some kind of warning that the 4 batteries need replacing ? If not, how often do people change theirs to avoid having problems mid-flight?

TIA

Barry

2. Mandrake

There's an audible warning on my FC40 radio .. No idea at what voltage it goes off at .. Left the radio switched on one day and heard the alarm a couple of hours later...

3. houldsworth1

Perfect! Just what I needed. Thanks

4. kitari

I actually made a video not too long ago to show people what happens when your batteries get low. Also once it started beeping, I had plenty of time to get the phantom back in and even fly around quite a bit and there was still battery life left.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4D6djJkw2E[/youtube]

5. varangian

Thanks for the video. I knew the transmitter had a flashing light warning, didn't know that it had an audible on also. Handy if you're flying and not paying attention to the transmitter.

6. houldsworth1

Great! That's exactly what I needed to know. Can't miss that!!! :)

7. 4wd

4wd

That's actually just to tell you it's been left on, however the low battery warning is similar and can't be missed.
    It will still work for a while after it starts giving the low battery warning on and off and it should't make any difference if it starts during a flight.