How to tell if I have NAZA v1 or v2?

Reaction score
How to tell if I have NAZA v1 or v2? I bought mine from the shop and they didn't really say. It's a relatively new unit (ordered 2 weeks go) so it should probably be v2?

netphreak said:
Not really. We got the new phantoms in last week, so you probably have the NAZA V1.

****, is there any real advantages in getting the v2?

yalag said:
netphreak said:
Not really. We got the new phantoms in last week, so you probably have the NAZA V1.

I was wondering that myself. Any more functionality which would change our lives or is it just under the hood stuff?

marcus_canada said:
yalag said:
netphreak said:

I was wondering that myself. Any more functionality which would change our lives or is it just under the hood stuff?

It's suited for the DJI gimbal from what I've read. If you don't upgrade, you can't use the gimbal.

FangsCPO said:
It's suited for the DJI gimbal from what I've read. If you don't upgrade, you can use the gimbal.

That confuses me. if you don't upgrade you can use the Gimbal?

marcus_canada said:
FangsCPO said:
It's suited for the DJI gimbal from what I've read. If you don't upgrade, you can use the gimbal.

Meant to say "can't". Sorry about that.

Doesnt adding pmuv2 pretty much upgrade the nazav1 to v2. Spec wise there is no difference between the 2 and they use the same firmware. Apart from being orange I havent seen anything different, maybe the gps unit is upgraded in v2. Do phantoms coming with naza v2 come with pmuv2 or just the upgraded mainboard? There is a led v2 but first gen phantoms can still use the original led even after upgrading with the v2 pmu.

http://www.dji.com/whats-difference-of- ... naza-m-v2/

FangsCPO said:
marcus_canada said:
FangsCPO said:

oh right. Well that's actually not the case. The DJI Gimbal was out long before the Naza V2's

marcus_canada said:
FangsCPO said:
marcus_canada said:
FangsCPO said:

oh right. Well that's actually not the case. The DJI Gimbal was out long before the Naza V2's

Well I guess I'm stupid. LOL!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

I saw a video that said the way that the NAZA V2 handles GPS mode is an improvement over V1. There are some algorithms that make it slightly more stable when in GPS mode. There are also some minor hardware improvements.

I bought a NAZA V2 to throw into an F550 that I am building. I bought the V1 GPS. As far as I can tell there is no difference there.

miskatonic said:
I saw a video that said the way that the NAZA V2 handles GPS mode is an improvement over V1. There are some algorithms that make it slightly more stable when in GPS mode. There are also some minor hardware improvements.

If Naza M v1 and v2 use the exact same firmware there wont be any differences in the algorithims I think. Also if the hardware was different then they wouldn't use the same firmware I think when DJI sY there are some minor changes in hardware I think they mean the paint job which I would call a very minor hardware change. :lol:

I know there was an issue with GPS not properly locking in the southern hemisphere, but the newer V1 should have this corrected. For a while there, DJI was sending V2 GPS to customers that were affected for free. Really the only difference is the color and on eBay you can get either for around the same price.

I did order a new NAZA V2 for one of my TBS Discovery builds, so I'll be able to compare it to a V1.

According to specs the v2 is slightly larger and heavier, that must be a thick coat of yello paint :lol:

I cant remember if v1 also has support for 8 motors but v2 does and thats about the only thing different in actual specs. The larger size and weight may indicate a change cpu so possibly v2 may work at a faster rate so this could help flight performance but youd think DJI would make mention of such info if it was a difference.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic