How to Take Care of Lead Acid Batteries? Need help!

Reaction score
I plan on uisng lead acid batteries to power my Attitude Goggles. What would be the best way to take care of the lead acid battery? Should I power them down till they stop working before a charging, or should I immediatly charge up after every use?

Also I have the Hitec charger, can anyone tell me how to figure out the charge rate and maxvcoltage shutoff, etc for that charger? There are so many settings I am not sure what would maximize my battery life. Should I ever fully discharge the lead acid before a charging as well?

Lead acid are like car batteries. You want to keep them fully charged as much as possible and do NOT want to drain them. Charge them as soon as you are done using them.

Although, all the lead acid batteries I know of are pretty large. With just a few flights, I doubt it would drain the battery very much. Here are a few: http://www.batteryspace.com/6vsealedlea ... eries.aspx

I can picture it now a car battery strapped to the side of your head...... :lol:

All joking aside, why a lead acid battery? I just got one of the 2s batteries, it's small and came with an adaptor so I can charge it on my stock charger.

BruceTS said:
I can picture it now a car battery strapped to the side of your head...... :lol:

All joking aside, why a lead acid battery? I just got one of the 2s batteries, it's small and came with an adaptor so I can charge it on my stock charger.

+1 from me. I bought an extra 2S battery and can fly FPV for hours.

I got a little 12v li-io 6800mah battery from eBay to run my lcd and av receiver, feels light and fits in my pocket, came with a au wall charger and switch built on to the pack.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1371866020.345419.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1371866020.345419.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 448

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20