How to stabilize Windsurfers?

Reaction score
Does anyone have a fix for Antenna's falling over with Windsurfers? It would be great if someone could print something up on a 3D printer.

i been eyeing this one but shipping kills it for me being the same price as the item itself (4.99) makes it 10$ . I now see "windsurfer " types with the bracket/spacer built in to the windsurfer them selves.
Amazon.com: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced, Pro, and Inspire 1 Antenna Spacer Holder maximum range: Electronics

then there's these snap out of one sheet pieces things that has the antenna spacer plus u get gimbal protector(the one in between the birds legs) and you get stress reinforcement plates for 15$ http://amzn.com/B014R1QFUQanother for 35$ http://amzn.com/B014R1QFUQthink im gonna grab the 15$

Last edited:
I believe the OP is referring to the weight of his windsurfers causing the antennae to "hinge" and point down. I can't find the thread, but a poster here sold his 3D windsurfers with two pieces that locked the antennae's hinge in an upright configuration. Works like a charm.

Reactions: LamboH
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1455151557.463883.jpg

Reactions: ScatSpeak
The ones I got from skytreat are heavy. Haven't used them yet but I can say they are beefy and heavy

i have the same copper ones or one just like em off amazon . definitely worth the change spent on them, adds a great bit of heft but will try the rubber band method before spending 10$ on a 3d printed one. would be nice to have a clip like the one posted in the link above but seems its given free when u buy the windsurfer kits for 25$/16$ checked the vendor website and he doesnt sell the clips separate. bummer Dynamic 3D Solutions
@dynamic3dSolutions (ha he's a forum member of course.)
on a separate note. same seller has these never seen before snap on/snap off landing gear risers/spacers...easy on and off for use in and out of the case. 25$ gotta try it out. ordering one now
Dynamic 3D Solutions

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    2.8 MB · Views: 528
  • Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    2.2 MB · Views: 521
Last edited:
Not at all
I may be wrong, but I think the OP was looking for a solution to prevent the antennae from rotating and facing downwards. He hasn't clarified, so its anybody's guess. Windsurfers installed would prevent lateral motion.

Reactions: LamboH
Ok, found the link: Phantom 3 & Inspire 1 Controller / VideoAntenna Range Booster ~ Antenna Mount

Look at the base of the antennae, Those two slide-on pieces prevent the antenna from hinging downward. IDK if he sells them separately, but they work.

i have those on my controller from 3D. They are light and I don't even take them off. They fit great and you can even angle the antennas if you like. I keep mine vertical and run an iPad Air over them. I think they are perfect.

Reactions: DaGunn
I printed this one on my 3d printer. DJI Phantom 3 / Inspire 1 Range Booster by giufini

It doesn't flop down the antenna due to weight, etc. It works well. It is one solid piece so the antenna can't move left/right and it holds the antenna at the top and bottom so it can't move.

I can probably print more on my 3d printer (for folks who don't have a 3d printer) for basically the cost of materials (filament and copper foil tape) + some labor (takes me about 30 minutes to chip away at the support materials and then sand everything down so it looks good) but if people are interested in simply having me print one and they handle the rest (the foil + chipping away part), then I can probably do these fairly cheap.

Or you can buy from the original designer on thingiverse for around $30 shipped to the US.

RVD.

Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (1).png
81vp9IwqcFL._SL1500_.jpg
81-ctPseXYL._SL1500_.jpg
81d9IcwhQmL._SL1500_.jpg
I printed this one on my 3d printer. DJI Phantom 3 / Inspire 1 Range Booster by giufini

It doesn't flop down the antenna due to weight, etc. It works well. It is one solid piece so the antenna can't move left/right and it holds the antenna at the top and bottom so it can't move.

I can probably print more on my 3d printer (for folks who don't have a 3d printer) for basically the cost of materials (filament and copper foil tape) + some labor (takes me about 30 minutes to chip away at the support materials and then sand everything down so it looks good) but if people are interested in simply having me print one and they handle the rest (the foil + chipping away part), then I can probably do these fairly cheap.

Or you can buy from the original designer on thingiverse for around $30 shipped to the US.

RVD.

already own a "windsurfer" copper ones i got off amazon. The problem is that its 2 separate pieces and causes the antennae to fall if not jammed under the tablet mount on the RC. Guess ill return the amazon ones and get something that has the locking clips/shims that go under the antenna to prevent it from facing down like it wants to.

funny how everyone and everywhere sells the windsurfer type parabolic boosters, but ANTENNA spacers, and antenna locking clips /shims are hard to find (at least a seller from the USA . China has them but much rather buy lil closer

I have both the one piece and two piece windsurfers. I've been using the two piece so I can put a V angle to the antennas. It's working fine but it can get in the way of the mode switches a bit. Anyone know if V angle is better for signal throw than straight up parallel, such as the one piece windsurfers do?

Btw, dynamic 3d is the place to buy. He's got great stuff. I just bought the battery compartment cover and got the antenna separater as a gift.

Reactions: dynamic3dSolutions
I have both the one piece and two piece windsurfers. I've been using the two piece so I can put a V angle to the antennas. It's working fine but it can get in the way of the mode switches a bit. Anyone know if V angle is better for signal throw than straight up parallel, such as the one piece windsurfers do?

Btw, dynamic 3d is the place to buy. He's got great stuff. I just bought the battery compartment cover and got the antenna separater as a gift.
yea @dynamic3dSolutions is gonna be my new 3d phantom 3 parts go to guy.....he takes pride and consideration in his work i can tell, returning my amazon windsurfer and ordered the full kit to have it all ...locking clips, adapter to connect the two boosters in perfect parallel . and the windsurfers them selves...

also ordered snap on landing gear spacers. looks to add about 1-1.5' inches more of clearance and its snap on and snap off. love this and the windsurfer because of how modular it is to be able to disasseble and pack up in oem dji hardcase backpack

Reactions: dynamic3dSolutions
yea @dynamic3dSolutions is gonna be my new 3d phantom 3 parts go to guy.....he takes pride and consideration in his work i can tell, returning my amazon windsurfer and ordered the full kit to have it all ...locking clips, adapter to connect the two boosters in perfect parallel . and the windsurfers them selves...

also ordered snap on landing gear spacers. looks to add about 1-1.5' inches more of clearance and its snap on and snap off. love this and the windsurfer because of how modular it is to be able to disasseble and pack up in oem dji hardcase backpack
Yeah I bought a number of pieces from him, including the windsurfers, cable wrap, battery compartment cover and gimbal separation guard. His landing gear spacers don't interest me. If anything, I'd prefer the polar pro version where you get the height plus added width for a larger footprint for stability.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20