How to slow joystick response in sport mode

Reaction score
As we know, when in sport mode we fly much faster and slight movement on the controls can cause undesired over response in flight.

Is there a way to change the response curve of the sticks when in sport mode to dampen initial movement but allow the full range at their limits?

I apologize if this is a duplicate topic

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You can modify the sport mode expo settings in the "Main Controller Settings" --> "Advanced Settings" --> "EXP" section of DJI GO.

As we know, when in sport mode we fly much faster and slight movement on the controls can cause undesired over response in flight.
Seriously.... if you breath on the sticks it will cause the P4 to move! :)

As mentioned above, you can adjusting the responsiveness of the sticks on a variable scale.

You can modify the sport mode expo settings in the "Main Controller Settings" --> "Advanced Settings" --> "EXP" section of DJI GO.
The settings go from .2 to .8 I have mine set to .3 and I find that good for me. .5 causes a flat curve, above that its faster below slows about the first 20% of input.

Thank you all - Yes, it's obvious to me now, I should have seen it. .5 produces a flat line response from stick to result. Expo (exponential?) changes produce curves to accelerate or decelerate the response to stick input and I see you can do it for sport and non-sport modes separately. Perfecto! Changing my sport mode left and right from.5 to .4 made a HUGE difference for me. Huge as it it smoothed out my flights in sport mode, no more big swings.

Interestingly, the physical hack of increasing the length of the joy sticks themselves was nice and I liked using it - but it has one undesirable result. IN order to repack my controller I have to lower the joysticks to their lowest level every time. This means I'll be putting pressure on the sticks twice each time I use them and have to remember to reset them each time and hopefully to the same place. I may have to cut a small groove in my case Styrofoam to handle this.

Gimble tilt smoothtrack: Ahha, this is another nice setting I'm surprised hasn't received more attention. Left at 0 when you tilt the gimble up and down and let go of the controller, it simply stops immediately. As you increase this number it adds a smoothness to this stopping. i.e., if you set it to 10, and til the gimble; when you let go it will slowly come to a halt. Smoothly instead of STOP. Frankly I think this should default to at least 3 so that there is always just a slight touch of smoothness to it's actions. Everything else is smoother, why not this one? I'm making changes to it and test flying right now.

Reactions: meshuggener
Thank you all - Yes, it's obvious to me now, I should have seen it. .5 produces a flat line response from stick to result. Expo (exponential?) changes produce curves to accelerate or decelerate the response to stick input and I see you can do it for sport and non-sport modes separately. Perfecto! Changing my sport mode left and right from.5 to .4 made a HUGE difference for me. Huge as it it smoothed out my flights in sport mode, no more big swings.

Interestingly, the physical hack of increasing the length of the joy sticks themselves was nice and I liked using it - but it has one undesirable result. IN order to repack my controller I have to lower the joysticks to their lowest level every time. This means I'll be putting pressure on the sticks twice each time I use them and have to remember to reset them each time and hopefully to the same place. I may have to cut a small groove in my case Styrofoam to handle this.

Gimble tilt smoothtrack: Ahha, this is another nice setting I'm surprised hasn't received more attention. Left at 0 when you tilt the gimble up and down and let go of the controller, it simply stops immediately. As you increase this number it adds a smoothness to this stopping. i.e., if you set it to 10, and til the gimble; when you let go it will slowly come to a halt. Smoothly instead of STOP. Frankly I think this should default to at least 3 so that there is always just a slight touch of smoothness to it's actions. Everything else is smoother, why not this one? I'm making changes to it and test flying right now.

Is there a way to change the response curve of the sticks when in sport mode to dampen initial movement but allow the full range at their limits?

I apologize if this is a duplicate topic

Another little tip is to unscrew the two sticks and lengthen them a bit, while making sure to snug the bottom screw back up to keep them locked. This makes the initial input less sensitive and then just adjust the curve as mentioned in this thread.

Another little tip is to unscrew the two sticks and lengthen them a bit, while making sure to snug the bottom screw back up to keep them locked. This makes the initial input less sensitive and then just adjust the curve as mentioned in this thread.

I know - but it's annoying to have to keep doing it each time going in and out of the stock case

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1