How To Setup DX7s with dji Phantom?

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm having rough days over here!
I have no idea how to set my DX7s Radio for phantom. It looks bloody complicated.
Tired of reading thousands of unrelated posts on forums.
Ar8000 receiver is connected and binded with phantom.
I have download an spm file from this website
Look at this other guy having same problem
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2011241

I took off but ended up crashing, when i wanted to go left it went right. Well its a real pain in the neck!
If you use same radio please share your spm file with me.
I am not a newbie but this one is killing me though.
Cheers

Mike

I have the exact setup and had the exact problem.

First - Is the "left and right" the ONLY thing keeping you from flying? If so, then you are almost ready. I had the same issue. Everything was fine except for that issue. I NEVER found out the "cause" and I'm 100% sure that all is hooked up correctly.

To correct the issue or at least the "back door" fix, I simply got into the NAZA assistant software and on that channel,(you know what channel when you move "that" stick and you see the slider move on the software), you simply click the REV (reverse) button. Now my Phantom thinks I want to do the opposite of what I'm doing to the sticks.

You can fly like that forever. If you find the "cause" of the issue, please let me know!

Michaeltaylor said:
Hi guys I'm having rough days over here!
I have no idea how to set my DX7s Radio for phantom. It looks bloody complicated.
Tired of reading thousands of unrelated posts on forums.
Ar8000 receiver is connected and binded with phantom.
I have download an spm file from this website
Look at this other guy having same problem
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2011241

I took off but ended up crashing, when i wanted to go left it went right. Well its a real pain in the neck!
If you use same radio please share your spm file with me.
I am not a newbie but this one is killing me though.
Cheers

Mike

Hi kenskid

I stopped searching for an online solution and decided to use my brain haha :)
First everything looked very complicated but I think its sorted now. I am going to write all the steps I followed.

yes ''left and right'' was the only problem. What I have done is, I reversed Aileron and Rudder on dx7s settings. I didnt reverse it from naza software as you said.(its a good idea though) and it solved the problem. I have no idea about this ''cause'' really. I would suggest you to reverse them from dx7s settings. Well it flew like a charm.

The problem I had that Channel Monitor rates were a bit of out of the line. For instance

Aileron -8
Elevetor 34
Throttle it was ok 0
Rudder 5

First I calibrated the sticks using naza software.
Then I went on dx7s settings again and played with sub trims ( you can use the trim buttons on dx7s)

I tried to bring them up to 0. It wasnt amazing but I got them very close to 0.

3 point stick:
upper position = GPS
Middle position = ATTI
lower position = Failsafe.

When I turned off my transmitter it wouldnt go into fail-safe mode but would stay in Atti. This is quite dangerous in case of loosing radio signal. Well First,

Insert bind servo in AR8000
Power up your phantom
AR8000 led will flash
The most important thing is that you have to make sure that your 3 position switch should be at Failsafe mode which means it should be kept at lower position.(ın my config)
Put throttle stick greater then %10 I personally put %30-%40
After this you keep pressing trainer button and power up dx7s, as soon as you see Binding on dx7s screen let go pressing trainer button. If the binding is successful your ar8000 led will turn into solid yellow. If it doesnt flash than you couldnt bind it.

Now you go on your naza software to check whether you successfully done the failsafe process or not.
Simply turn off your transmitter, you will see that it will go into failsafe.

Man I wrote everything that I have done today I am pretty sure you know many of this. haha

Yes...been through it all! I did eventually reverse my sticks using the TX. I didn't want to give you to many options b/c I was not sure how advanced you were....wanted to keep it simple.

Now if you can tell me how to set up COURSE LOCK. I have one of my switches set to OFF/HOME LOCK. I can't seem to get anything to accept COURSE LOCK.

Michaeltaylor said:
Hi kenskid

I stopped searching for an online solution and decided to use my brain haha :)
First everything looked very complicated but I think its sorted now. I am going to write all the steps I followed.

yes ''left and right'' was the only problem. What I have done is, I reversed Aileron and Rudder on dx7s settings. I didnt reverse it from naza software as you said.(its a good idea though) and it solved the problem. I have no idea about this ''cause'' really. I would suggest you to reverse them from dx7s settings. Well it flew like a charm.

The problem I had that Channel Monitor rates were a bit of out of the line. For instance

Aileron -8
Elevetor 34
Throttle it was ok 0
Rudder 5

First I calibrated the sticks using naza software.
Then I went on dx7s settings again and played with sub trims ( you can use the trim buttons on dx7s)

I tried to bring them up to 0. It wasnt amazing but I got them very close to 0.

3 point stick:
upper position = GPS
Middle position = ATTI
lower position = Failsafe.

When I turned off my transmitter it wouldnt go into fail-safe mode but would stay in Atti. This is quite dangerous in case of loosing radio signal. Well First,

Insert bind servo in AR8000
Power up your phantom
AR8000 led will flash
The most important thing is that you have to make sure that your 3 position switch should be at Failsafe mode which means it should be kept at lower position.(ın my config)
Put throttle stick greater then %10 I personally put %30-%40
After this you keep pressing trainer button and power up dx7s, as soon as you see Binding on dx7s screen let go pressing trainer button. If the binding is successful your ar8000 led will turn into solid yellow. If it doesnt flash than you couldnt bind it.

Now you go on your naza software to check whether you successfully done the failsafe process or not.
Simply turn off your transmitter, you will see that it will go into failsafe.

Man I wrote everything that I have done today I am pretty sure you know many of this. haha

Good to hear, Right! now I want to be able to use Home Lock, Course Lock.

Rudder D/R
Elevator D/R
Aileron D/R
gear?

Which one is set on your dx7s to use IOC? I will research about this and keep you posted.

I don't have my TX handy but the one I use for IOC is the BIG one on top left. It is set to OFF and Home Lock. Most of the time I have it off. I would like to have OFF/HL/CL but I don't think it can be done b/c the only other three position toggle is the GPS/ATTI/Failsafe and the "gimbal" rotate one.

Michaeltaylor said:

Rudder D/R
Elevator D/R
Aileron D/R
gear?

Which one is set on your dx7s to use IOC? I will research about this and keep you posted.

kenskid said:
I don't have my TX handy but the one I use for IOC is the BIG one on top left. It is set to OFF and Home Lock. Most of the time I have it off. I would like to have OFF/HL/CL but I don't think it can be done b/c the only other three position toggle is the GPS/ATTI/Failsafe and the "gimbal" rotate one.

Michaeltaylor said:

Rudder D/R
Elevator D/R
Aileron D/R
gear?

Well Unfortunately we only have one 3 way switch on dx7s. You are right when i move gimbal switch I can control IOC (OFF/HL/CL) this guy somehow have set upper right switch for course lock on/ off. And Gear switch for Home Lock on/off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-1kEl8NWMc

I downloaded his spm and installed on my dx7s. Well it doesnt work. The gimbal switch recognises IOC. I think this has got something to do with wiring dont you think so ?

Finally figured out how to get the OFF - COURSE LOCK - HOME LOCK working.
I use two different switches and MIX them.

Contact me if you want info:

kjs1 AT cox.net

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4