HOW TO: Setup and use Point of Interest (POI)

Great and extremely beneficial post - Many thanks.
One question, the Focus option - does that re- center the camera on the initial POI after the radius and altitude have been tweaked ? or is this to select a new POI whilst airborne ?
It re-centers your applied POI if it gets a little out of whack and I believe it also prepositions the nose inward to the center if you've yawed around and even yawed the nose to face out while orbiting. I think that's correct but I haven't tried that one yet. What I will definitely get a lot of use from with POI is to pause it and manually do 180's slowly back and forth. That actually works quite well.

skatemurai, you need to be running firmware version 1.4 (or higher).

skatemurai, you can find your installed firmware versions in the About section of the DJI GO app.

DJI-GO-About.jpg

It'll only show your Phantom firmware if it's running and the DJI GO app is connected to it.

I'm running the latest firmware. It's up to you whether or not you update to the latest.

It'll only show your Phantom firmware if it's running and the DJI GO app is connected to it.

I'm running the latest firmware. It's up to you whether or not you update to the latest.

It is running (without "wings" attached), everything is ON, but no firmware version is not shown :(

Which version of DJI GO are you using?

Well, if you don't want to go beyond 1.4, then trying installing 1.4. If it's already installed (I'm assuming not), then it won't install again.

Well, if you don't want to go beyond 1.4, then trying installing 1.4. If it's already installed (I'm assuming not), then it won't install again.

Same goes for v1.3.20 right? Is there any cons for upgrading to latest firmware? Thanks!

Hi, new guy here. Is it possible to set the POI (along with other parameters like radius, altitude, orbit speed, etc.) using the map in DJI Go app?

I understand that the traditional way to do it (as is perfectly laid out in this thread) is to hover the aircraft directly above the subject you want to set it as the POI. Doing so however, takes a bit more time and effort as well as rob you of battery time, IMO.

You can already program the drone to follow pre-set waypoints. I think that using the same mechanism to assign a POI should be doable, shouldn't it?

Hi, new guy here. Is it possible to set the POI (along with other parameters like radius, altitude, orbit speed, etc.) using the map in DJI Go app?

I understand that the traditional way to do it (as is perfectly laid out in this thread) is to hover the aircraft directly above the subject you want to set it as the POI. Doing so however, takes a bit more time and effort as well as rob you of battery time, IMO.

You can already program the drone to follow pre-set waypoints. I think that using the same mechanism to assign a POI should be doable, shouldn't it?
Ideally but no. You can look at the map to aid in setting the center point, but you still have to fly it and it can't be saved as a recalled poi 'mission', as of now. A work around to setting an orbit every time for a particular poi is to do a two point waypoint mission and save it. The first waypoint gets the bird up safely and the second point will be the center point of the poi. Recall that mission and at the second waypoint either pause it or set hover to be the last command of a mission. Once it's hovering, cancel out of the mission and choose orbit. Set the center right where it's hovering and back off for radius and there you have it. I haven't tried this but I'm sure it would work. The other option is to use a third party app like litchi or auto pilot, which can do orbit setup easier.

Reactions: OrlyP
Or you could buy Auto Pilot and it will do all you want and more. Great app if you are have a iPad. iPad air 2 is the best for that app. Good luck.

Or Litchi for Android; setting up these kinds of shots (in advance of actually taking off) is a no-brainer with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik