HOW TO: Setup and use Home Lock

My understanding is that It should maintain the altitude it was at when activated. That's how HL works on the P2 range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That makes more sense, so you still fully control the altitude with the left stick.
Can anyone else corroborate that Home Lock only controls direction of flight with no altitude change?

When using Home Lock the bird will come back home often on the side and not forward, Does this make it go slower?

When using Home Lock the bird will come back home often on the side and not forward, Does this make it go slower?
I was wondering the same thing. I assume that optimal speed is forward, because of the aerodynamics of the bird, with the flat battery side facing the rear, and the lower drag profile flying with the nose forward. Anything else would compromise maximum speed, which might be needed to make it back home, including switching to ATTI mode, and avoiding any unnecessary altitude changes, especially when trying to fly back under a heavy headwind. No sight seeing when trying to return safely! Nose forward, full speed ahead in ATTI!:cool:

I have a question, to apply this process, do we need to save the home point before? or to apply that process is automatically saving the home point as well. I just bought dji advanced and do not have experience.
Can somebody help to me?

do we need to save the home point before?
You cannot use this feature if the home point is not set beforehand. It should be automatically set when your Phantom starts up. You can confirm by looking on the map in DJI GO.

I have another question. I understood that, home point is autosaved by dji after the engines run. Then the porocess is; take off drone and ........ is there any other instructions to save the home lock? I mean from the home point, do I need to do something to bring the dji to a certain location by pulling the stick? or it only the process to start and pull back the stick to bring it?

All you need to do is what I show in my first post above.

I hope msinger doesn't mind, but I'd like to add a note to his fine thread...

There's a very interesting feature of Home Lock that Tom's Tech Time describes very well but that I've never seen discussed in any other HL video tutorial or forum post. That's the ability of the aircraft to orbit using HL. You can leave your smart phone in your pocket and orbit with just the controller alone. I've tested this myself and it works! Although centrifugal force tends to widen the circle that the aircraft is making, you can pull the right hand stick in slightly to keep it the craft from pulling away from the home point.

Carrying this further, I don't know why you couldn't reset your home point over a point of interest and then circle it using HL as Tom describes.

Scoot ahead to 5:20 in the vid below to hear his verbal description. Or go to 10:20 to see it work in the field:

There's a very interesting feature of Home Lock that Tom's Tech Time describes very well but that I've never seen discussed in any other HL video tutorial or forum post
Yeah, that is interesting. ilker is flying a P3 though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4