How to set up for 2 monitors to fly and film for two people?

Reaction score
Ph4 is my first DJI product. Very happy with it btw! I am wanting to fly my ph4 and let someone else run the camera. What is the best way to do that?

Ph4 is my first DJI product. Very happy with it btw! I am wanting to fly my ph4 and let someone else run the camera. What is the best way to do that?
Get an Inspire 1 or Pro. It was designed for that with two controllers.

Reactions: Tobrouk
GG is saying the P4 won't do that. It's not designed to support it. Usually a good pilot can handle the Phantom and get great shots without a second person because the camera doesn't rotate. After you practice a lot and really learn your craft, you should be able to do manual POIs, easily. When you get a craft with a rotating camera, like the Inspire or the upcoming Yuneec H, that's when you really need a second person all the time if you plan to rotate the camera for shots. When you start rotating the camera things get too complex to fly FPV and shoot video, hence you need a pilot to always fly VLOS and a second guy to shoot the video via FPV. So if you can't handle the Phantom 4, you'll need the Yuneec H or Inspire 1. The problem with those are they're too big to backpack very easily.

You can run a second FPV with an HDMI out board, but the camera control from the person watching it would have to be "voice activated." "Turn left slowly. Raise the camera up. Orbit around that tower. Take a still shot here. Stop and create a spherical panorama here." They dictate the camera controls to you. Hey! It's a good workaround! :D

GG is saying the P4 won't do that. It's not designed to support it. Usually a good pilot can handle the Phantom and get great shots without a second person because the camera doesn't rotate. After you practice a lot and really learn your craft, you should be able to do manual POIs, easily. When you get a craft with a rotating camera, like the Inspire or the upcoming Yuneec H, that's when you really need a second person all the time if you plan to rotate the camera for shots. When you start rotating the camera things get too complex to fly FPV and shoot video, hence you need a pilot to always fly VLOS and a second guy to shoot the video via FPV. So if you can't handle the Phantom 4, you'll need the Yuneec H or Inspire 1. The problem with those are they're too big to backpack very easily.
Appreciate the info man. Already doing very cool POI's and that is pretty easy for sure. And your right I guess its just getting used to every control knob without looking.

The Typhoon H is way easier to backpack than the P4. Can't wait for mine!
This I'm anxious to here about your experiences with the H. When the H is disassembled it's still way bigger than P4. I'm curious just how big the backpack is you're referring too. And I'm curious just how long it's going to take you to prep the H to fly, having to install 6 motor arms plus screw on the 6 props. What a hassle, more work than an Inspire. Oh yeah, I bet you'll really enjoy the top speed of 22mph. :eek:

The only way I can think how this can be done is purchase two additional items. A HDMI board and some goggles. With goggles connected to the HDMI board you can fly the craft. Then you can have someone else hold the iPad or other device and they will have total control over all the camera functions. This should work just fine. Good Luck and welcome to the forum!

Lets all try to keep it friendly in here. Warnings issued, if I missed you, send me a PM so I can give you yours too.

dickwadtheory.gif

The only way I can think how this can be done is purchase two additional items. A HDMI board and some goggles. With goggles connected to the HDMI board you can fly the craft. Then you can have someone else hold the iPad or other device and they will have total control over all the camera functions. This should work just fine. Good Luck and welcome to the forum!
Wow! That sounds awesome actually! I've been wanting to try goggles anyway. Putting in HDMI board should not be too hard a task should it? Thanks so much for the response man!

Wow! That sounds awesome actually! I've been wanting to try goggles anyway. Putting in HDMI board should not be too hard a task should it? Thanks so much for the response man!
No, I just did it about a week ago ... 5 minutes to swap out. After you change the board you need to update the firmware on the RC. It's easy. I got the Fatshark Dominator V3's and they are real cool but a little pricy.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
You just go to DJI and buy the HDMI board. Here, use this link Official DJI Online Store | DJI Store and you'll make me $5 :)

Or just go to DJI and buy the $100 HDMI board for the P4.

Just did a quick search on installing it, I've done it several times and it's super simple but here is one. If you don't like this explanation, just find another one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done, sir! Great "outside the box thinking" solution that I hadn't considered, and a lot cheaper than an Inspire 1! :cool:

You just go to DJI and buy the HDMI board. Here, use this link Official DJI Online Store | DJI Store and you'll make me $5 :)

Or just go to DJI and buy the $100 HDMI board for the P4.

Just did a quick search on installing it, I've done it several times and it's super simple but here is one. If you don't like this explanation, just find another one.

Thx for the link man! Def be doing this very soon!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj