How to replace the drone without dji if something goes wrong

Reaction score
This is one thing I see time and time again and can't figure out why no one does this.

You have a problem with a drone, it doesn't work, their are cracks, etc..... So you send it back to DJI only to be given the run around as it's within the one year warranty.

Erm.... Hello..... Forgot DJI and just use the one year warranty that you was given from the retailer's !!!! That's what I did with my P3S as the WiFi is poor, so I took it back to the shop about 2 weeks later and then got a refund and then got the P3A.

Now I know a lot of people are buying direct from DJI but honestly... Don't bother. I never had to use DJI for a service but for me... You get a one year warranty with the retailer. So That should be your first port of call.

Bear in mind I live in London, england and I got mine from very online store.

But seriously..... Stop bitching and moaning how DJI is useless and use your common sense And take it to the retailer. And if they say it's only for a month warranty...well... It's a lie... In fact most warranty is for 5 years but of course...they won't tell you that.

Do your research on consumer law where you live... And believe me... You will never need to send a product to DJI again if it's defective. Hope that helps [emoji4]

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

If there is any internal problem with the drone like wifi, you can definitely go back to your retailer to get a replacement but question comes what happens when it crashes because of unknown reason (most of the time it's users fault). No retailer will take such cases as they are not in a position to analyze the cause of crash.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Neon Euc
Well it's certainly true in many other cases like TVs or phones, your contract is with the retailer who sold you the product and not the manufacturer so why should you do all the donkey work and get all stressed out with live chats or emails, let the retailer do all that

Reactions: Neon Euc
If there is any internal problem with the drone like wifi, you can definitely go back to your retailer to get a replacement but question comes what happens when it crashes because of unknown reason (most of the time it's users fault). No retailer will take such cases as they are not in a position to analyze the cause of crash.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I see where your coming from. But a lot of retailers will take back a damage product. Surprising but it does happen. If I returned my drone in pieces and say it stopped mid flight and fell, I am 99.9% certain that they will ask me to send it back and replace it as it was a mechanical fault. Sure.... It could be me who crashed it and lied about it saying the motor cut out in mid air. But a lot of retailers just want to get a good rep, and keep their loyal customers and go for an exchange [emoji4]

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31