How to replace P3A remote control battery

It's unbelievable that they do not sell a replacement battery. Did they expect these to last forever?

Sorry to kick back an old subject at the top, but i think that could be interesting for lots of us with the battery/controller issue.

I found one place (in Malaysia) selling the phantom controller batteries - they are advertising it as ''For Phantom 3 & 4 remote controller use''. It's about $65 (US)

From the pic, it looks very similar to what we have in the controller - even the sticker on the back is the same.

7.4V 6000mAh 44.4Wh Lipo Battery - Others - Battery Extreme
upload_2017-9-1_19-55-12.png

What do you think... Could it be it ? I wonder why it is not sell anywhere else in the world.

Basically its down to size and plug ... nothing else.

You could buy a suitable capacity / voltage sized LiPo and fit the plugs from the old ... job done.

Most RC modellers do this for various setups ...

The Controller has the charge control circuitry ....

Nigel

Explain please?
The battery cells are usually working fine. It's the charging board in the battery pack that fails.
All you have to do is bypass the board & the battery charges properly. Refer to the video for the explanation

The battery cells are usually working fine. It's the charging board in the battery pack that fails.
All you have to do is bypass the board & the battery charges properly. Refer to the video for the explanation
Great, can you provide the Link?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj