How to replace P3A remote control battery

Reaction score
Does anyone know how long the life is of the rechargeable battery in the P3A remote control? Can the battery be replaced? If so, how? Where can we buy a replacement battery? Cost? Part #? Is it easy to replace?

DJI does not sell a replacement. But, here's the battery model/specs:

LC 1650120 2S1P
7.4v 6000mah 44.4wh

It looks like a fairly simple procedure too:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I googled it, but didn't come across anything. Maybe ask the guy in the above video? He seems to know where to get replacements.

How does this battery charge, is there smart circuitry in the controller since it uses the charger which is really only a power supply?
It seems to know when it's full and the LED lights shut off.
I have one which mysteriously would not charge anymore, but otherwise works OK.
If it only needed a new batter looks easy to do.

If you are not able to fix it B&h has some used ones. They were 329 but for some reason jumped to 429 now.

Last edited:
Check eBay and the classifieds section of the forum. When I bought mine they were $200-$250 brand new.

Check eBay and the classifieds section of the forum. When I bought mine they were $200-$250 brand new.

They cost a lot more than that new for the Advanced and Pro now. I believe 549 is list. Quite a lot less for the standard. I was surprised when I watched the teardown video how much tech is in the controller. Not 549 dollars worth but far more than I would have ever expected.

They cost a lot more than that new for the Advanced and Pro now. I believe 549 is list. Quite a lot less for the standard. I was surprised when I watched the teardown video how much tech is in the controller. Not 549 dollars worth but far more than I would have ever expected.

As I said I bought mine for $200, it was brand new. Was offered by a seller here in the classified section. I found them brand new on eBay for $200-$250 at the time as well. You are quoting DJi's price I am telling you their re-sale value even brand new ones is much much lower.

I'd do some more research before going to the extreme and buy a remote controller for $200+ (unless you need it yesterday). Maybe check with a DJI repair shop to see if they know where to purchase a replacement battery. Perhaps they would even be able to buy a replacement battery from DJI.

I found this on banggood, dimensions look correct so I ordered but I'm still waiting for it, Plus the price was right[emoji106]
a20d6a155195065d754b5d99897c0946.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

So, did that battery work? I'm worried it won't charge correctly. The battery in the remote has 4 wires, but if you pull it apart you will see they are soldered together so it's really just 2 wires. Will a high power lipo replace it well?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic