How to remove the Gimbal form Phantom & few other issues

Reaction score
Hi,

I am sorry if this has already been answered somewhere. I just couldn't find it.

I just installed the gimbal, and now I want to remove it to store the quad in it's own box.

But I am afraid, that if I use too much force, the securing pins will break (they do look a bit fragile). I am not even sure, if the gimbal is meant to be removed and re-attached on a regular basis, so is that a bad idea in general ?

Also there was the anti-inteference board with the gimbal, is the use of that optional or can I just leave it out ?

And lastly, I secured the pins as instructed (to the first notch), but when I tilted the quad it seems that some of the pins may touch the camera or the gimbal axis. Is that OK ?

FinStock said:
Hi,

I am sorry if this has already been answered somewhere. I just couldn't find it.

I just installed the gimbal, and now I want to remove it to store the quad in it's own box.

But I am afraid, that if I use too much force, the securing pins will break (they do look a bit fragile). I am not even sure, if the gimbal is meant to be removed and re-attached on a regular basis, so is that a bad idea in general ?
The pins aren't removeable. Once attached, the only way to remove them is to break them off. You can use tie straps as an alternative.
Also there was the anti-inteference board with the gimbal, is the use of that optional or can I just leave it out ?
I tried without it and didn't really notice a difference. With that said, I went ahead and attach it anyway since it's relatively simple to attach.
And lastly, I secured the pins as instructed (to the first notch), but when I tilted the quad it seems that some of the pins may touch the camera or the gimbal axis. Is that OK ?
I've noticed mine do the same, but have not seen it affect my videos. However, I did read another user's suggestion to not use them because of the same concern as as yours.

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply !

I accidentally (didn't watch enough youtube videos about this, the instructions didn't spell it out too clearly) attached all four pins.

Now would it then be best to break and remove two of them or leave them as is ?

What are tie straps ? Do you mean zip ties ? I take it that the dampeners really are the ones holding the assy in place, so the securing pins are just that, for securing it in case the rubber dampeners fail to do their part ?

if you lock the pins in they're in... theres no way (that I've found) to get them off without destroying them. most people use ties to lock the gimbal in position. i used those pins for the first flight. then ditched them. once the pins are off it is very simple to pop the dampers out and the gimbal itself. then you have access to the mounting screws of the gimbal baseplate. i don't recommend trying to get to the screws without taking off the gimbal main unit first. its a pain.
and those pins are not fragile. they're bendy and a pain in the *** to deal with

Thanks to all !

I suppose it's best to leave the gimbal on for good, or at least not to remove it between flights. The cable connecting to the gimbal doesn't look like it's designed to be connected several times ...

How about the thing that I used all four pins ? Should I take two off (and destroy them in the process...)

How do you replace them with zip ties anyway ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik