Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional How to register a pre-owned P3P with DJI?

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by trevsdad, Feb 15, 2016.

1. trevsdad

Just bought a P3P (about 6-months old) from a previous owner. Should I re-register the quad with DJI? If so, how is that done? (...don't see anything on their site) and what would be the overall advantage? (warranty? ID protection?, etc)

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

All you need to do is register the quad in DJI GO.

3. trevsdad

So, if I can login on DJI GO, I've already registered? I don't see anywhere else to register the quad on DJI GO. Also I was never asked for type of Phantom, serial #, etc, or does that info migrate over when I first connect the P3P?

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

DJI GO should have asked you to give your Phantom a name and setup some basic settings. There is no registration process where you submit the serial #, etc.

5. trevsdad

...pardon all the noob questions, but that seems odd. If I call them with a problem and they ask if I'm registered, all they have is my name, country and what appears to be basic flight records. (...I don't have a name for the quad, but if I did give them a name, it's not in the profile or settings)

How would they know this quad is registered to me and not the previous owner?

6. msinger

Approved Vendor

I was assuming the DJI GO app would see it's not registered to you when you attempt to connect it. Did you fly it yet? If so, what happened the first time you tried to use it in DJI GO?

7. trevsdad

I'm in the mid Atlantic...too cold to fly right now. But I've ground tested it w/o props and it connects and behaves like it should (...motors spin at variable rate depending on input) Maybe the previous owner didn't register?

#7 trevsdad, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  8. Wolfiesden

Watching with curiousoty as I may have a P3A to get rid of soon. Curious if you can un-register one? And what the new user has to do to register this one.

9. kirk2579

you are a new user if you think you are going to call and get an answer!

seriously though don't worry about any of that It will all work out if you have need for help.

good luck and have fun flying!