How to record telemetry in flight video ?

The only way I record my flight video with telemetry info is with my Android screen recording app - AZ Screen Recorder. Obviously the video will be in low resolution quality with video bitrate rate limited to only 2Mbps.

Somewhere in the DJI Go App > enable captions. This will create "subtitles" for your video. The subtitles contains the telemetry data and can be removed at any time. In order for the subtitles to play, you must use VLC player.

Wow that's what I am looking for. Is it difficult to get it working as good as yours came out?

It's really easy - just remember to start recording before you take off... Haha, I forgot a couple times. It's great because it also records audio so you can make notes or commentary while you fly and also hear the Go app voice warnings/info. I start screen recording first then open the DJI Go App. Once I get home from flying I transfer the Screen Recorder file from my tablet to my computer via a USB cable then edit it or upload it as is...

The audio also records in sync with the video file? What format does this program put out files, mp4 or mov? I.m going to find that program. Your video came out great.

The audio also records in sync with the video file? What format does this program put out files, mp4 or mov? I.m going to find that program. Your video came out great.

File is mp4. To clarify, the audio is captured along with the video being recorded by the AZ screen recorder app. So that audio/video file is in sync. I suppose it's possible to overlay just the audio from the screen recorder app to the actual HD video recorded by the Phantoms camera.

File is mp4. To clarify, the audio is captured along with the video being recorded by the AZ screen recorder app. So that audio/video file is in sync. I suppose it's possible to overlay just the audio from the screen recorder app to the actual HD video recorded by the Phantoms camera.
Thank You for the info. I realize just how little I know about apps. I have 2 downloaded, one without root and the other with?? See what I mean. I'll have some time this weekend to try and figure it out, maybe look for some "how to" notes. But Thx. hopefully those storms will pass your area and you'll be able to get out and fly!! We've been getting rain here also, which is great for Lake Mead Al

No worries! I'm learning a ton too. I downloaded the "AZ Screen Recorder - No Root" from the android app store. Because it's a screen recorder you can practice recording anything you do on your smart phone - no need to wait until you can fly. That way you can see how to works it before you fly.

No worries! I'm learning a ton too. I downloaded the "AZ Screen Recorder - No Root" from the android app store. Because it's a screen recorder you can practice recording anything you do on your smart phone - no need to wait until you can fly. That way you can see how to works it before you fly.
Oh good to hear. That's the one I'll use. I'll keep you up to date. Thank You

I don't have a link handy but search google for Shou. It will require Shou.tv be installed and Assistive touch turned on but will record your screen and audio, if allowed. I have it in my iPad Air 2. No jailbreak required.
Another, perhaps more expensive route, would be to purchase Litchi. If your iPad mini has iOS 9, it will let you record the screen.

Somewhere in the DJI Go App > enable captions. This will create "subtitles" for your video. The subtitles contains the telemetry data and can be removed at any time. In order for the subtitles to play, you must use VLC player.

The files are ".SRT" for video closed caption

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik