How to Recalibrate the Phantom's Gyro?

Reaction score
My Phantom crashed pretty hard this evening after falling out of the sky. Everything seems to be intact, but the Phantom drifts to the right when hovering now. I think that I need to recalibrate the gyro, but I do not know how to do this. I read something about doing this through "advanced tools," and there is purportedly a DJI video about recalibrating the gyro. Does anyone know where I could find that video? If so, could you please post a link to it?

In gratitude,

Fpvpilot

Fpvpilot said:
My Phantom crashed pretty hard this evening after falling out of the sky. Everything seems to be intact, but the Phantom drifts to the right when hovering now. I think that I need to recalibrate the gyro, but I do not know how to do this. I read something about doing this through "advanced tools," and there is purportedly a DJI video about recalibrating the gyro. Does anyone know where I could find that video? If so, could you please post a link to it?

In gratitude,

Fpvpilot
Download DJI phantom drivers and install it on a Windows PC
Download Naza assistant and install it
Connect phantom to USB port, power it
Go to Naza Tools and do an ADVANCED CALIBRATION.

At end, go to field and do Compass Calibration ( DJI videos shows how to)
http://www.dji-innovations.com/how-to-fly-your-phantom/

jumanoc said:
Fpvpilot said:

In gratitude,

Fpvpilot
Download DJI phantom drivers and install it on a Windows PC
Download Naza assistant and install it
Connect phantom to USB port, power it
Go to Naza Tools and do an ADVANCED CALIBRATION.

At end, go to field and do Compass Calibration ( DJI videos shows how to)
http://www.dji-innovations.com/how-to-fly-your-phantom/

Thank you so much for directing me to those steps, jumanoc.
I will implement them, and report back with the results.

In great gratitude,

Fpvpilot

Well, I did the Advanced Recalibration and it only took around five minutes. I also recalibrated the compass on the field this morning. I performed two test flights, landing it manually once and then with the Return To Home failsafe. All I can say at this point is:

WOW!!!!!!! :D

The Phantom flew perfectly both times! I cannot believe it could recover so easily from such an impactful crash. I love my Phantom!!!

Thank you both for your guidance in the restoration process. I appreciate it.

In gratitude,

Fpvpilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers