Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

How to re lock a gps start point.

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by FlyingFox, Mar 17, 2014.

1. FlyingFox

Hey,
    I want to just check my understanding of re locking a start point or moving a start point from take off.

So you wait get your GPS and good to go, take off and that's your landing point should the failsage kick in , ie hovers 20 metres and returns home should your tx be switched off or fail etc.

If I wanted to change that, ie I now see a place further away in a hover , and I now want to set that as the home point, do you flick the switch 2 on the left back and forwards 5-6 times and wait for green lights ?

I just want to check that's correct

2. Visioneer

3. FlyingFox

Cheers,

I wanted to check as I want to set off flying and move my start point for a project and put a wide safe place to land away from where I began .

4. OI Photography

The other way to achieve that would be to power it on in the wide safe place and let it get GPS lock for home position there, then move it to the (more confined?) place you want to "begin"

5. FlyingFox

Thanks, my start place is a smallish rear garden, heading towards a village with a field in the middle of the flight path which is larger and safer to return to rather than the garden. The distance means I can't start at the field as will be high using FPV and flight time/ battery time dictates.
    As most say on here ,plan and keep it safe, or it flying drones could become regulated
    :D