How to program a flight path?

Reaction score
Website
fishcrow.com
I'm just getting started using a Phantom 3 Pro. If possible, I would like to set it up to fly out and back from a home point. The flights will be over a forest. I would like to set the altitude to about 150 feet (to clear the tallest trees in the area) and select the heading and maximum range (about a mile). It will be out of view for most of the flight. I would like to repeatedly make similar flights from the same home point but with different headings to do a survey of the forest habitat. Will this be possible with this drone?

I'm just getting started using a Phantom 3 Pro. If possible, I would like to set it up to fly out and back from a home point. The flights will be over a forest. I would like to set the altitude to about 150 feet (to clear the tallest trees in the area) and select the heading and maximum range (about a mile). It will be out of view for most of the flight. I would like to repeatedly make similar flights from the same home point but with different headings to do a survey of the forest habitat. Will this be possible with this drone?

The Phantom 3 pro is capable of this. It would be much easier to do using one of the third party apps such as Litchi or Autopilot. The DJI go app does have waypoints, but the other apps mentioned above give you a lot more flexibility in regards to heading and camera angles, plus you can pre plan a flight path from your computer or tablet, then fly it. With the go app you have to actually fly the route and record the waypoints to save it.

So yes you can do what you need to with the P3P or the P3A

I use the Android version of the Litchi app to plan missions. They have a Mission Hub online that allows me to preplan my flights. Here is a sample: (
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
). As a previous poster said it is critical that you are aware of the ground elevation and fly at a safe altitude.

However I would recommend Litchi to anyone.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers