How to Print Big from the Phantom 3

Reaction score
My research is showing that printing at 300ppi will yield a max size of 14.30" x 9.34" from the 12MP camera on the Phantom 3. But I would like to print much larger than this (ideally up to 48" x 36").

Is it possible to print at this size and resolution? Are there any tools or methods in post-processing that allows this to be achieved?

You can print it any size you want to. You won't get 300 ppi at that size without something like the program below. I routinely make 24 x 36 inch prints from a 10 MP camera. On occasion, I'll sharpen it a tad in Photoshop but usually not. You can also use a program like this:

Apps – ON1, Inc.

(Used to be called "Genuine Fractals". ) You 'd be surprised how good some pics are even at 200 ppi and using only moderate sharpening. Also, if you want to try a large print at a reasonable price, try this site:

AutomatedPhotoTechnology.com

I've used them for big prints for years.

Reactions: BigAl07
You can print it any size you want to. You won't get 300 ppi at that size without something like the program below. I routinely make 24 x 36 inch prints from a 10 MP camera. On occasion, I'll sharpen it a tad in Photoshop but usually not. You can also use a program like this:

Apps – ON1, Inc.

(Used to be called "Genuine Fractals". ) You 'd be surprised how good some pics are even at 200 ppi and using only moderate sharpening. Also, if you want to try a large print at a reasonable price, try this site:

AutomatedPhotoTechnology.com

I've used them for big prints for years.

Thank you! This seems like a very good app that makes it possible to do much larger prints on smaller MP cameras.

I'm curious if Photoshop has this feature built in already? Or if a specialized app/plugin in needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31