How to prevent fly aways

Reaction score
I stopped by to talk to the guys at Heliproz http://www.heliproz.com/default.asp today because I had a few questions to ask them about some things I was wondering about. They just happen to be located in the same town I live in which is nice. I got to say these guys are very knowledgeable about everything concerning the Phantoms, from what FPV gear is the best, to how to prevent fly aways, and so much more. So, to prevent fly aways here's what they told me to do. First of all hook your machine up to your computer, then open Phantom 2 Assistant, then on the top switch from Phantom to NAZA-M mode. Once in NAZA-M mode, on top click on basic, then at the bottom where it says Control Mode Switch click on the drop down arrow on the right side and select manual mode. And that's it. The way they explained it to me is that when you see your machine starting to fly away you flip the GPS switch all the way down to manual mode and what this does is shut down the compass and GPS so you can regain control of your machine, they say this is a must do for anyone that owns one of these machines. So to they guys at Heliproz I say thanks for the tip

I fly in phantom mode all the time by doing what your saying am i putting my unit into naza mode by default and just then changing the use of the switches isnt there a way to go into manual mode with the s1 switch already??? See im avoiding naza as i thing its the cause of the flyaways.

Interesting!

Also being new I configured my switches (S1) to be GPS(Top), Atti(Middle) and FS(Bottom).

And really I would never take off unless I had a full/confirmed 7 + Sats, I believe really you should always wait for 8?

Also S2 Off(Top), CL(Middle) and HL(Bottom). I found home lock to be very good.

I think the key thing never mind how tempting, is never take off without 8 sats and the lights all flashing as they should.

Naza does not 'cause' flyaways. If you are going to move into Naza mode note that the led sequences are not the same and its more important to pay attention to the positions of S1 and S2 before take off. Read up on it first.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

abacus01 said:
I fly in phantom mode all the time by doing what your saying am i putting my unit into naza mode by default and just then changing the use of the switches isnt there a way to go into manual mode with the s1 switch already??? See im avoiding naza as i thing its the cause of the flyaways.

Flyaways have also been reported in phantom mode so don't get too complacent. If you are going to use manual mode then make sure you know how to fly manual mode cos if not you are in for one hell off a shock. :shock:

Also when you put it into manual mode, be careful beacause your phantom will fall like a brick if you dont throttle your phantom, it happened to me, acccidentaly switched to manual and watched my phantom drop down like a brick, hopefully imwas able to turn the switch back to gps and saved my craft

Sana

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31