how to power transmitter

Reaction score
I know this sounds silly to ask but how or what is the best way to power my monitor and receiver , I plan to tie into the phantoms battery for the transmitter but how to power the receiver ?

More specific information would be helpful. Which monitor and receiver do you have?

Most recommended monitors/receivers have built-in batteries. Some are powered by external LiPo batteries.

buy a display with a built in battery and 5.8Ghz receiver. The most popular options are the RX-LCD5802 and the Black Pearls. If you have an ImmersionRC 600mW transmitter you want the 8ch version of the black pearl, not the 32ch.

also your topic should probably be how to power RECEIVER eh? :) transmitters are generally powered via plug and play cable (ImmersionRC / Boscam) or the FPV Hub (AVL58)

QYV said:
buy a display with a built in battery and 5.8Ghz receiver. The most popular options are the RX-LCD5802 and the Black Pearls. If you have an ImmersionRC 600mW transmitter you want the 8ch version of the black pearl, not the 32ch
7 Channel. :D

I guess i should have said this first

I have an RC 805 receiver a ts 351 transmitter

tft monitor its one of the headrest monitors..

I know this is not the best gear in the world but i wanted to try out something before i invested in $$$$$

to be clear i know who to hook up the transmitter what i do not know about is what is the best way to power the monitor and the rec...I am asking for a power supply or battery that will supply my system for the day or at least out last the phantom so I am to loosing power to my monitor in flight.

forgive i have never installed one before ...

Since it is a headrest monitor, it must be powered by 12VDC. However, I don't know about your receiver. If the same, look for a LiPo battery, with voltage in the right range. If the receiver requires less voltage, I can steer you to a small, low cost DC to DC converter for reducing the voltage level. Then, you will have to figure out how to mount them. By a universal charger if you don't have one. Or plug into your cigarette lighter if you drive to your flying location.

Get a 3S lipo battery with a balance plug (like a P1 battery). Get or make an adapter cable to plug the monitor into the battery's main plug, and then another adapter cable to go from the balance plug to the receiver. It looks like the RC305 is happy with 5-12V, so you could also just make a single cable to go from the battery plug to both devices.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers