Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

How to power an Immersion TX

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by Ali in Austria, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Ali in Austria

Help a numpty out here please.

How do you power an Immersion 5.8GHz 600W TX on a Phantom? The power lead that comes with it suggests a different battery. I have no idea which one. It was supposed to be a complete bundle.

2. MKheng

I drilled a hole in my frame and put the wires through and connected them to the auxiliary power lead inside. Works a treat.

3. mikrob

I cut off the connector & replaced it with a connector that plugs into the battery balance lead. Actually I power three things off the balance lead.....video transmitter, low battery alarm, & a LED light (to determine orientation from a distance).

4. jonysan

hi
    I use the same Tx, and run it from the auxiliary power cable(red/black) that feeds through the front leftside blanking plug,
    quite a thin guage wire , but so far, so good! and I suppose a 600mw Tx draws more power than a 200mw ?
    Have run this set=up for past four weeks and no problems,
    ps the Tx I have has a Heat Sink and a mini fan, probably necessary when fitted inside an airframe, but outside under the prop airflow maybe the fan is a bit overkill.

5. Ali in Austria

Thanks fellas.

I have a lead coming to connect the TX to the Balance Lead. The Upgrade Board doesn't have the spare power leads.

6. tmcgowan

I just soldered my on top of the main battery leads.

Works fine!

7. JDP_TOO_TALL

I'm running the DJI video transmitter, I have it positioned on the bottom of the phantom and soldered my power cable directly to the board. My question for you guys is, the video Tx as I said is positioned on the bottom behind the Gopro and the antenna is pointed out the rear. I'm having interference issues and I'm certainly not getting the distance I expected to receive. Is there a better way to position the cloverleaf antenna? Thanks. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

8. tmcgowan

I have my antenna pointed down, versus back as In your picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

9. JDP_TOO_TALL

And are you quite happy with the video results you receive? Did you bend the antenna downward or did you purchase a 90 degree elbo?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

10. tmcgowan

Yes, I'm very happy with the results. I only bent the wire rather than purchasing an elbo connector.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD