Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

How to orbit?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by kandelin16, Dec 31, 2015.

1. kandelin16

So I'm working on orbiting around an object, keeping the camera trained on that object, but I'm having problems with it because I usually just end up going way faster then I need to be, as any adjustment in roll needs to be countered with an adjustment in yaw, so I end up speeding up. Any pointers? I'll try to put up some video later.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

3. seansmithwfd

Use the intelligent flight mode "around a point" and follow the directions on the prompt. Center position on toggle switch

4. kandelin16

I'm using a iPad without gps so I can't use any of those. No dynamic home point. I also want to know how, just because.

5. msinger

Approved Vendor

You don't need GPS on your iPad in order to use the POI feature.

6. ScatSpeak

You want to do it manually, I get that... even though the intelligent flight modes can do the hard work for you... OK, so obviously, it takes the proper combination of stick inputs for yaw and forward/sideward pitch/roll to establish the "circle" around the centerpoint... there's no magic other than keep practicing and find you're balance point with constant fine tuning of flight controls.

7. TroyCutchens

I asked a similar question early last week, msinger and DAP-UAV gave me the awesome advice of turning the gain levels way down. "Way down" is pretty subjective, so I will just say cut them in half to start with and see if you have better results. I have been toying around with it both on the simulator and in the air and I have to tell you that it's a lot easier now for me to get shots that are smoother with way better stick to movement results I feel like.

8. 4wd

4wd

Basically move the two sticks both inwards or both outwards.
    Watch the FPV and keep what you are focusing on more or less in the same spot.
    I find it easier to induce smooth constant (and small) movement if you rest your hand on the controller and push the side of the sticks rather than hold them

TroyCutchens likes this.
  9. kandelin16

Ok just did that. My bad.

10. ScopeTech

Also unscrewing the sticks out to their maximum should give you much finer control.

TroyCutchens likes this.