HOW TO: Optimize Apple device for the best DJI GO app performance

Although no.7 is a good idea,I am not recommend switch off the video cache,it is because you can keep the Video record when your phantom3 cannot come back or fly away automatically,in order to send it for DJI follow
Keeping in mind that there is no video cache, unless you also have video recording turned on and are actively simultaneously saving the video to the micro SD card.:eek:

Last edited:
Hello ... I followed all the tips -- but am still getting very poor video on my iPad Mini. Same with the iPad with retina screen. Apple says the problem isn't with them, it's DJI. The DJI dealer says it's Apple. Caught in the middle here. Will keep working on this so that I get a clear image without the refresh issue. Otherwise, the image is next to worthless.

Reactions: John Archer
Reactions: Farmer
Yes, the Mini 1 [which is not retina] ... however, I have the same problem with the iPad which has the retina screen. But not, strange enough, with the iPhone 6 Plus. It works fine with the iPhone, although it sure drains the battery on the phone fast.

The iPad Mini 1 and all iPads are too slow. You can find a list of devices that work well here.

My iPhone 6 freezes all the time during flight and I lose all my video and have to restart the phone. It sucks but some days it's fine. [emoji35][emoji378]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The iPad Mini 1 and all iPads are too slow. You can find a list of devices that work well here.
Your statement seems contradictory. Whereas you say, "...and all iPad's are too slow." Yet in your reference to a list that shows which devices work well, many iPad's are listed as satisfactory.

Reactions: byroninedmonton
Your statement seems contradictory. Whereas you say, "...and all iPad's are too slow." Yet in your reference to a list that shows which devices work well, many iPad's are listed as satisfactory.
That's correct. All iPads are too slow. You can use an iPad Mini, iPad Air, or iPad Pro though.

FYI, Apple no longer sells iPads. All have been discontinued.

That's correct. All iPads are too slow. You can use an iPad Mini, iPad Air, or iPad Pro though.

Huh? Care to substantiate that statement? Apple just announced the iPad mini 4. Which clearly tells me they most certainly have not discontinued the manufacture or selling of one of their most successful items.

Huh? Care to substantiate that statement? Apple just announced the iPad mini 4. Which clearly tells me they most certainly have not discontinued the manufacture or selling of one of their most successful items.
He's being slick with his wording. Apple sells iPads. They sell various models of iPads, but none are called simple "iPad" any longer. They are now "iPad Air 2" as an example.

So the "iPad Air 2" or "iPad mini 4" is not an iPad? I understand what you're saying but why not just use wording that everyone can easily follow? I'm typing this on an iPad Air 2 currently, and when I flip it over it simply states "iPad" on the back. No other nomenclature. So yes, I think apple and the rest of the world still think it's an iPad.

He's being slick with his wording. Apple sells iPads. They sell various models of iPads, but none are called simple "iPad" any longer. They are now "iPad Air 2" as an example.
Sorry -- I'm not trying to be "slick". I'm trying to be accurate. Many folks go out an buy the original iPads because they are cheap -- and, then they wonder why the performance is horrible in the DJI GO app.

So the "iPad Air 2" or "iPad mini 4" is not an iPad?
Well, they are technically iPads... they are also tablets, computers, electronic devices, etc. The terminology is very specific here for a reason. I'm sure you can understand there would be a problem if I just listed the "iPad" as being a compatible device.

Sorry -- I'm not trying to be "slick". I'm trying to be accurate. Many folks go out an buy the original iPads because they are cheap -- and, then they wonder why the performance is horrible in the DJI GO app.
I agree, using the original iPad and iPad mini will not provide adequate performance for DJI GO. I personally fly with the iPad Air 2 and have had no issues. Great tablet and works flawlessly with the GO. It's the statement that Apple has discontinued iPads that will be confusing the people.

It's the statement that Apple has discontinued iPads that will be confusing the people.
Ah, well, I think this will be even more confusing... but, let's give it a shot ;)

Apple has discontinued the following iPads:
  • iPad (1st generation)
  • iPad 2
  • iPad (3rd generation)
  • iPad (4th generation)
Furthermore, you should not use the DJI GO app with an iPad model that does not end with "Mini 2" (or higher), "Air", or "Pro".

tl;dr: Click this link.

Reactions: Litz
Ah, well, I think this will be even more confusing... but, let's give it a shot ;)

Apple has discontinued the following iPads:
  • iPad (1st generation)
  • iPad 2
  • iPad (3rd generation)
  • iPad (4th generation)
Furthermore, you should not use the DJI GO app with an iPad model that does not end with "Mini 2" (or higher), "Air", or "Pro".

tl;dr: Click this link.
Sorry. But in my opinion, you did nothing but try to skirt the issue by trying to avoid yet profess an opinion that was not acceptable to the general population.

Most if not many here accept your posts are knowledgeable and extremely TRUSTWORTHY! Don't try to dissolve that trustworthiness to us by offering unworthy and false posts. OK? For example as you said, "All IPads have been discontinued." That, was an offering in your post that could have been extremely detrimental to a new follower hoping to use an IPad as his/her device

But in my opinion, you did nothing but try to skirt the issue by trying to avoid yet profess an opinion that was not acceptable to the general population.
You are nitpicking. I'm pretty sure you knew exactly what I meant the first time around ;)

You are nitpicking. I'm pretty sure you knew exactly what I meant the first time around ;)
Nitpicking?? You sir are no longer on my goto for HELP agenda. Consider what you say from now on as an offering of true and substantiated help to the forum as far as I'm here. When you say things that are NOT true that's a TRUE refection of who you really are.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers