how to open P4P camera? any help please?

Reaction score
Hello,
I had to fly in humid conditions (just humid, fog/mist in a rainforest - not heavy rain) and somehow humidity got trapped inside camera. gimbal is acting erratically and i have problem lowering camera down and pulling it up. seems something inside not moving smoothly. additionally, when gimbal and camera get warmer after a few minutes being ON, front lens gets foggy making image quite blurry. i kept it in a dry space for a long time, but it is the same for over a week. i wonder if there is a way of opening camera - even just a bit - one cover, maybe front glass, or something - to let it dry better inside. i don't even try to use DJI help as they did let me down too many times over the years. Useless and unsupportive. I am afraid to ruin it by doing something wrong, but it seems the only way - to open it a bit and let it properly dry.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. thanks, regards to the group.

Try this video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

While the intent is on lens upgrades, and the video features what appears to be a P3 or P4, the disassembly & reassembly procedure is presumably applicable to the P4P.

The 4P comes with a UV lens on the camera, it unscrews.
It may be on tight, be careful, easy to damage.
YouTube can be useful.
Bob

Use a wide rubber band around the UV filter to better grip it to unscrew. Only use fingers to grasp it.
Do not use pliers!
This puts force on 2 sides and 'ovals' the frame making it tighter.

thanks for all tips, i will probably give a try with all of them. thanks again!

Yes, it unscrews, just needs a bit of gentle force. and once unscrewed, you can remove that black lens holder and it makes camera insides opened, so it can dry.
Thanks to all for help!

DanMan32's suggestion of using a bag of rice is actually a workable solution if you can't get to components to take them apart but suspect they're wet. You can drop immerse the item(s) into a ziplock baggie of rice, seal the bag, and wait (a few days?) for the dry rice to draw out the hidden moisture.

Partial pressures & osmotic effect; physics at work.

DanMan32's suggestion of using a bag of rice is actually a workable solution if you can't get to components to take them apart but suspect they're wet. You can drop immerse the item(s) into a ziplock baggie of rice, seal the bag, and wait (a few days?) for the dry rice to draw out the hidden moisture.

Partial pressures & osmotic effect; physics at work.
for sure yes. in my case, it was easier to open front of camera and dry it... but i keep in mind such ideas for the future.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers