How to open flight log files

mjw

Reaction score
I had a recent issue with my P3A - I want to look at my flight log - successfully downloaded the log file stop my PC - the issue is they are a .dat file format - I have no idea how to open these types of files - normally .dat files are associated the email programs. What don't I understand (I have searched the web, but unsuccessfully)

You can view them with these apps.
Does these apps can extract the flight data from the .dat file? When I tried, I get some kind of internal log of the processor, no flight data.
I had a flight where I lost the connection as there was strong wind that push the P3 behind some hill. I get on the tab 2 flight log with a missing part. I got the .dat file of that flight from the flight recorder but I have never been able to get any CSV file compatible with HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters.

Does these apps can extract the flight data from the .dat file? When I tried, I get some kind of internal log of the processor, no flight data.
I had a flight where I lost the connection as there was strong wind that push the P3 behind some hill. I get on the tab 2 flight log with a missing part. I got the .dat file of that flight from the flight recorder but I have never been able to get any CSV file compatible with HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters.
I haven't had time to try and open the flight logs since I post - I just wonder what the difference in the information on the "flight logs" vs. the flight information found in the DJI APP

I haven't had time to try and open the flight logs since I post - I just wonder what the difference in the information on the "flight logs" vs. the flight information found in the DJI APP
It seems to me that the "flight logs" is the most complete data set and the "flight information" in the app is a sub-set of what can be seen from the app based on the telemetry received during the flight.
In the "flight logs", there is the full flight duration and in the "flight information" there could be gap when the RC lost the link. Unfortunately, the "flight logs" format seems to be private to DJI. I don't have found a way to use it to recover the same kind of info as in the "flight information".
I tried to upload a .DAT file to DJI Log Converter and Logs - Litchi but the result is a shorter file will only some flight controller internal log like:

Code:
      0 eeprom load 31 1056   16   24
      0 mis cali 55 55 137 fff0 cnt:0
      0 imu status:0
      0 startup:4.6914

0 Board:"wm320v2"
      1 airport limit inited[12]
      1 compass calibration init!
[          674] => cfg_var_table_size_0
      1 [FDI MAGN[1]] event:turn on
      1 [FDI GYRO[1]] event:turn on
      1 [FDI ACC[1]] event:turn on
      1 [FDI BARO[1]] event:turn on
      1 [FDI AHRS[1]]:turn on
      1 [FDI CTRL] event: turn on

I would welcome to know how to retrieve the "flight information" out of the "flight logs" as I still have a to understand a flight where the P3 was catch by the wind and the complete flight is not in the "flight information".

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20