How To Mirror/Air Play Your IOS Device(PILOT APP) To a Big Screen TV/HD Monitor Using An Apple TV.

Reaction score
Since i always fly my Phantom/Inspire1 straight from my backyard or front lawn.. I thought, hey why not try and see if i could use my Apple TV(MD199LL/A) to mirror/air play/stream the Pilot App to my Big Screen HDTV in the livingroom?? Well, i tried it and it worked. All you need is a An IOS Device or course. Running IOS 8.x and a Apple TV Model (MD199LL/A) EMC# 2633.

NO WI-FI conection needed. (So no chance of signal being interupted due to being on the same frequency)

1) Plug in your Apple TV to a Monitor or TV with HDMI capabilities.

2) Update your iPad/iPhone device to iOS8 and also update your Apple TV software to the most recent version.

3) Reboot both your ios device and your Apple TV.

4) If you have established a Wi-Fi network on your iPhone/iPad go to your settings and forget the Wi-Fi network or Turn it off wi-fi completely if you want. (do not turn off wi-fi on your Apple TV)

5) Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on both your iPad/iPhone and your Apple TV.

6) Go to the Control Center Menu to access AirPlay by swiping up on the bottom of your iPhone/iPad.

7) Push the AirPlay button. AppleTV should show up. If it does not, restart your iPad/iPhone and Apple TV and try again.

8) Turn “Mirror” on.

And that's all there is to it....

gonna have to try this when i get home, I was thinking the same thing as far as air playing to TV

THIS...is excellent. I do have an apple TV. would be easy to run an extension cord and old lcd monitor outside and done! thanks. This may work for those who have HDMI glasses. Anyone want to try it? I can see taking a battery and an inverter out with the apple tv and plugging in a zeiss cinamizer and off you go

Reactions: ViperNuke
THIS...is excellent. I do have an apple TV. would be easy to run an extension cord and old lcd monitor outside and done! thanks. This may work for those who have HDMI glasses. Anyone want to try it? I can see taking a battery and an inverter out with the apple tv and plugging in a zeiss cinamizer and off you go

That could work... You can also take your Apple TV/HD Monitor to a field and power it using your car and a converter... Gonna try this next...

You can always use google chromecast. Works on IOS and android. It wifi mirror-streams to any HDMI device.

Actually airplay uses wifi to stream....
and this also works with samsung tab and tv using screen mirroring

I tried getting to work with just BT, but it did not. Then I saw this on the Apple website:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204289

Use peer-to-peer AirPlay
With peer-to-peer AirPlay, your iOS device and Apple TV don't have to be on the same Wi-Fi network.

To use peer-to-peer AirPlay, you need one of these devices with iOS 8 or later:

• iPhone 5 or later
  • iPad mini or iPad (4th generation or later)
  • iPod touch (5th generation or later)
You can stream content to your Apple TV (3rd generation rev A, model A1469 or later) with software version 7.0 or later. Find out which Apple TV model you have.

Make sure that both devices have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on.

If you want to stream iTunes Store content, you also need an Internet connection.

Actually airplay uses wifi to stream....
and this also works with samsung tab and tv using screen mirroring

I tried getting to work with just BT, but it did not. Then I saw this on the Apple website:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204289

Use peer-to-peer AirPlay
With peer-to-peer AirPlay, your iOS device and Apple TV don't have to be on the same Wi-Fi network.

To use peer-to-peer AirPlay, you need one of these devices with iOS 8 or later:

• iPhone 5 or later
  • iPad mini or iPad (4th generation or later)
  • iPod touch (5th generation or later)
You can stream content to your Apple TV (3rd generation rev A, model A1469 or later) with software version 7.0 or later. Find out which Apple TV model you have.

Make sure that both devices have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on.

If you want to stream iTunes Store content, you also need an Internet connection.

It works peer to peer but you need the lastest Apple TV model for it to work and iOS 8.X

(MD199LL/A) EMC# 2633 Any other model with a diffent EMC# it will not work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31