How to manual take off and resume to GS WayPoints ?

AAC

Reaction score
Youtube PV2+ tutorial video talking about setting Ground Station waypoints autopilot when a high wall was in front of you. The video suggested to take off vertically (manually) until the altitude of PV2+ above the high wall, then resume to GS Waypoints mode and let go, but no detail about the operation procedures. Any experience pilot can share his/her experience with me ? Thanks.

Thank you so much.
My next crazy question is what happens if I set Waypoint (1) 150 ft high but only 50 ft distance between home point and Waypoint 1 ? In general, my PV2+ climbs gradually to 100 ft high requires more than 150 ft distance.

I can offer one bit of advice that WILL save you from a "face plant:" Make sure your first (if very close to you) waypoint is in FRONT of your aircraft's nose!

I can tell you that in at least ONE case, (and don't ask how I know this!), where the first/close by waypoint to get the phantom to an altitude able to clear any nearby obstacles, was DIRECTLY BEHIND (to the rear of) the aircraft. When the "Go" button launched the mission, it took off about two feet straight up. Then proceeded to continue an arc'ed loop with a direct backflip (not turn by yawing), happening so fast, it didn't have time or altitude to recover before becoming a full power, props-down lawn mower.

At that point, of course, control sticks are not functional, because it was on it's MISSION! Switching S1 out of GPS mode, would have returned the sticks functionality, allowing it to be turned off, but at that instant it wasn't something immediately entering one's mind. A quick rush to turn the Phantoms battery off, was the fastest thought to stop the beast from chasing after underground gophers.

Moral: If you need to obtain altitude close by, fly to a waypoint that is in front of the aircraft, and you will have no problem. If you fly to a waypoint that is directly behind you,be sure to remember to put the recorder on first, because it will become one of those unforgettable moments, that you would just as soon have.

Anti-moral: If you want to impress bystanders, (untried), you could set a mission to include a waypoint in full view of your audience, with a second waypoint very close BEHIND that one. I THINK the Phantom will do a mid air flip! You may need another waypoint directly behind that one though, since you may have to "re-invert" in order to get upright again, ... shall I say, "quickly!" I don't think I will be testing this theory, but given enough altitude ...

- Experienced words from the wiser-
-Dale-

please question to altitude in ground station - it is altitude measured against ground or against home point ?
I.e. I climb into 100ft, set new home point position by GPS just for sure up there, and hit go for mission, and my first waypoint is 200ft. Will it climb 200ft (against air home point) or only 100 ft (to be at 200ft against ground)? thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj