How to make fast forward video

Not sure what you mean by, "with stopwatch running"... that could just be a Picture in Picture of a stopwatch. The results you mention are usually done with editing software prior to uploading to YouTube.

Thats called timecode and you can add that with most good video editing software.

Effect in screenshot shown above (timecode) is made with PremierePro. You can apply "Timecode effect" from Effects panel. If you want to fast forward/reverse video clip, shortcut is "ctrl+r" on selected clip in timeline. It will open dialog box with settings in percentage for speed and checkbox option for forward or reverse. Depending to the selection, picture will accelerate forward or backward with the timecode effect.

If you mean speed up your video,?! You can use iMovie if you have an IPhone,

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can do that on YouTube enhancement ,there is a speed up button like I did on this video via YouTube
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

something like this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This one is just showing time code. That is not a stop watch. Time code is the amount of frames/seconds/minutes/hours a video is on in relation to its starting timecode which is usually 01:00:00:00 (starting point) and for example 24fps would be 24 frames per one second. If you want to speed up the actual video, you just make the clip shorter using time stretch tools.

I usually do that kind of thing in after effects but if memory serves and I'll check soon, if you choose the wrench looking thing (in this instance in the source monitor, not the program monitor) source monitor is the live one, you would hit the wrench thing and you can display metadata about the video (including time code) on the screen and burn it in and if you wanted to make it look like a stop watch, use the crop effect to turn/crop off the part of the time code that would make it look like time code (for example the frames and the hours and just leave seconds and minutes).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers