How to learn to fly it?

Reaction score
Hey people!

I am thinking about buying the Phantom 2 Vision+ but from the videos i have seen I got that I should buy a cheaper one to practice and avoid crashing the 1 thousend dollars drone. do u agree? which would be a nice similar-use product to start?

Is there any Panorama 360 photographer? does this drone work for that purpose?

Thanks!

Juan

Yes, we agree. Try the Proto X, purchase it through Amazon. A lot more difficult to fly than the Phantom, so if you can fly that thing - you'll be set on a Phantom.

Yes, you can use the Vision+ camera or a GoPro to shoot full 360 panoramas, or extremely wide shots.

Attachments

• 14155985026_c888ba0e18_h.jpg
    14155985026_c888ba0e18_h.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 585
i wouldnt waste your money buying an old phantom, the new ones fly themselves, its really easy. take it from me, ive destroyed pretty much every single thing ive ever flown, some of them within 2 minutes of purchase. these birds do everything they can to stay in the air. just go for it dude, dont be skeered lol

I will say with a GPS locked P2V+ its nice to just let off the stick, regain your composure (which is biggest thing that will crash a bird) and let the thing hover. You can walk over, get a better view point if needed and carry on.

perspektiva360 said:
Hey people!

I am thinking about buying the Phantom 2 Vision+ but from the videos i have seen I got that I should buy a cheaper one to practice and avoid crashing the 1 thousend dollars drone. do u agree? which would be a nice similar-use product to start?

Is there any Panorama 360 photographer? does this drone work for that purpose?

Thanks!

Juan

I thought about this before buying a P2 and trust me, nothing to worry about provided everything is working as it should do. It's very easy to fly.

Get the vision+ and you'll be flying in five minutes. Just take your time and make yourself a checklist. Most accidents result from taking off before the P2V+ has a good satellite lock and pilots trying things before they are ready, like flying near trees. If there are any groups with experienced pilots near you, join one and get help. Everyone I have met with a Phantom is more than glad to share their knowledge and enthusiastic about meeting a fellow Phantom Pilot. :)
Practice in a wide open field.

Sketch6995 said:
i wouldnt waste your money buying an old phantom, the new ones fly themselves, its really easy. take it from me, ive destroyed pretty much every single thing ive ever flown, some of them within 2 minutes of purchase. these birds do everything they can to stay in the air. just go for it dude, dont be skeered lol

Yes this things fly themselves , but I wouldn't go this way to risk loosing $ 1000-1500; it is not only to bring it up and fly , there is plenty of panic situations ,where you have to have some level of manual flying ,specially when the craft is facing opposite direction and is very close to some object (and controlling the craft is reversed). Just browse this forum how many unnecessary crashes were cost by luck of experience .
I have learned on simple manual Hoten X and I am using it even now at least twice a week for fun ,test different manoeuvres and keep my fingers and brain in shape. And if you want to push limits on the cheep manual one I would recommend to get two of them ,that way you have always something to practice with.

I can also tell that Vision 2 Plus flyes by himself once locket at least in 6 sats.
Got mine two mounts ago and started flying it from the firt day... very scared at the few firt days...
But quicky gaining aquaintance and every day more confident in this beautiful a reliable machine.
Today alredy flyed some 100 ou more batteries over dams, hills threes... parks, no problemas at all.
I recomend You start flying with someone with exeprience on this or read enough the forum for not doing some
******** as some people does and ending up with PV2+ damaged.

Best regards and be happy - Juan

fastsmiles said:
Practice in a wide open field.

This^^

I, too, was thinking of buying a cheaper version to practice but just decided to dive in. Everything would have been great, but it's so easy to fly that I got cocky. I was a little closer to the tree line than I thought. I was practicing figure 8's, the far turn was too short and the close turn was too long... but it was a valuable lesson, open fields are where I practice my maneuvers now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4