How to know if Phantom is upgraded?

Reaction score
Hello Gurus,

Newbie here. I purchased a plain Phantom from Amazon on their gold box sale for $379. There's nothing in the description that says the the Phantom is the latest one with the upgraded/improved bits. Is there any way to know based on the serial number or anything? I don't know whether Amazon had a load of these sitting around all year and discounted them or what. I've looked at the outside of the box but there's nothing there to indicate any updates...

Thanks for your help!

I thought the $379 lightning deals on amazon were not for the 1.1.1 (updated) phantoms. I could be wrong or they could make a mistake and send a new one.

Thanks Ksc. That's what I suspected after I ordered it. That's OK though as I can return it. I have an updated Phantom on the way with the free exctra battery.

I bought the same lightning deal and I got the 1.2.1 version initially. I called up customer service and let them know they sent me an "outdated" unit and they overnighted me a version 1.1.1 that showed up about 16 hours later.... so once again Amazon shows extraordinary customer service. It was fun explaining how version 1.1.1 is a newer version of the unit then 1.2.1. They rep was totally confused, as he should be I suppose, who labels 1.1.1 as an update to 1.2.1 anyway?

If you already have another inbound so be it but you will be saving $75 bucks or more returning the Amazon one for the newer version and buying your own battery. That's 3 more batteries.

Hello,

I'm anxiously waiting for my Phantom to arrive via Amazon this week. Could someone please confirm that the 479.00 version, currently being listed on Amazon, and shipping, is Indeed Version 1.1.1 and not an earlier version? There seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding version 1.1.1 and how it is being spec's out/shipped and from what vendor's/sellers. I have searched high and low on trying to confirm which version Amazon is currently shipping and just cannot seem to reach a definitive answer and confirmation. I am chomping at the Bit with overwhelming excitement in starting my new Hobbie in fpv flying with my new ( hopefully version 1.1.1 from Amazon ) Phantom.
Thanks to all in advance.

DiscoDrew,

Did your v.1.1.1 from amazon include the tilt lever, dual antenna, Naza v2. Etc..?

Sent from my S4

Upon further inspection, the Phantom I got from Amazon clearly says on the DJI sticker on the bottom edge of the box that it is V1 1.1, which is a relief. Thanks all for the comments.

I just received the v1.1 from Amazon ( sold by Amazon ). I called customer service, explained I had received an outdated unit, and they said they could issue a refund and I could try to reorder it.... but they didn't have any visibility into versions and I would likely get the same thing again?!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20