How To Invert Video On FC40 Camera!

Reaction score
I'm new to the group and have some useful information about FC40 camera.
Forgive me if this has been discussed before, I did a search with no results.
I figured out how to invert the video “turn it upside down”!
Follow steps below.

Turn camera on
While camera is booting “flashing green power led” press and hold record button until power led flashes orange then release it.
Let led blink orange a couple of times then press record button one time. Led should turn green flashing. Allow camera to finish boot. Log in from phone with DJI FC40 app and you will see video is upside down!

Video will only stay inverted until power cycle. This is where I ask for help. I know there is a way to save the setting to upside down because I accidentally did it once. Now I can not remember or figure out how I did it. If someone can figure out how to save the setting please reply here.

There must be some hidden features. Somehow through button pushes I got some zoomed photos recorded, but have no idea how.

I know of more hidden features like loop recording. For regular recording after camera is fully booted press record and release / will record till SD card is full or battery is dead. For loop recording after camera is fully booted press and hold record till led flashes orange / will record when SD card is full it will overwrite older files. I also believe you can record with WiFi off to save battery / while camera is booting up press and release record, camera will go in to record mode and leave WiFi off.

Ramz said:
Video will only stay inverted until power cycle. This is where I ask for help. I know there is a way to save the setting to upside down because I accidentally did it once. Now I can not remember or figure out how I did it. If someone can figure out how to save the setting please reply here.
Just out of curiosity...The advantage or need for inverted video is...Why?

Lonewolf said:
Ramz said:
Just out of curiosity...The advantage or need for inverted video is...Why?

If you were to mount the camera on a gimbal for instance it may end up mounted upside down. When I mount my gopro on my FC40 with stock gopro hardware the camera is actually upside down. The camera can invert the video so you don't have to do it with software later.

If you look at the FC40 camera one edge has a dovetail mount. This could be used with alternative hardware to mount the camera and it may end up inverted. Nice to be able to shoot in either mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic